suggestable

Farewell meet for suggestable - Grasshopper 9th August 2pm

A sad day indeed, but I am leaving the UK and moving to Ireland to live in Dublin and drink Guinness.

I'm hoping there will be interest in a meet. I haven't had my GT86 for nearly a year now, but I still love you guys!

Time is a suggestion at this point, but as it's summer it makes sense to take advantage of as much of the sunshine as possible :-)

Please reply to let me know you're interested, and I'll edit the post to contain a list of names.

1. rob275
2. Special K
3. smudge
4. Keethos
5. Kristov4
6. faith

Aaargh!

Rob, this is education - are you qualified?. Sarah is not a 'Female' any more than I'm a 'Male'.

Sarah is a 'lady'. And I'm a 'gentleman'. 'Cos I'm kind to animals. Dunno what Sarah's kind to but it doesn't matter

Spec K

Good luck with your new venture, Sarah. Sounds like a good move! :)

Realistically this isn't a practical meet for me to make given where I live, but I wish you all the best. :)

I can't make the 9th but I hope that you'll love Dublin! I lived there from 2003-2006 and had some of the best times of my life, very fond memories of the place and still in touch with a few good friends who I don't get to visit often enough! I worked on the LUAS tram network while it was being built and lived in the city centre for a while, but it was too handy for Temple Bar and I was spending a fortune, so I moved out to Lucan and then to Clondalkin.

I wish you all the very best Sarah

Go n-eiri an t-adh leat! (good luck) :)

Congrats Sarah, hope you post up pics of your office and stuff, I hear wonderful stories about Google work places etc.

Only a suggestion but could we not join this with the Racing Sim / Window's Tint meet?  If not, I'll try and make this Grasshopper meet anyways!

Thank you all for the wonderful replies. Sorry I've been a bit slow to respond... I've been rather inundated with social events recently and that's a trend that's highly likely to continue until I leave the country.

On a practical note, does anyone have any recommendations for international removals companies and self-storage places in Dublin?

For those interested, I will indeed be working for Google. It'll also be my dream job there. More info at the meet as I am really, really not allowed to post on a public forum about what I'll be doing there ;)

I've said this to all my techie friends already, but if anyone wants a referral, I'd be only too happy to help someone I know.

I'll update my initial post momentarily with smudge, Keethos, Kristov4 and faith added. :-)

See you all soon!

--Sarah (yes, a girl... but most definitely *not* a "lady", despite what Keith might wish)

--Sarah (yes, a girl... but most definitely *not* a "lady", despite what Keith might wish)

You can always tell a 'lady... all you need to do is use rude words in her company..

... if she's a 'lady' she won't know the meaning of the word... and if she's not a 'lady' it doesn't matter anyway...

:rolleyes:

Spec K

Congrats Sarah, hope you post up pics of your office and stuff, I hear wonderful stories about Google work places etc.

Only a suggestion but could we not join this with the Racing Sim / Window's Tint meet? If not, I'll try and make this Grasshopper meet anyways!

We could but with the sim I need a solid 12 names or I won't even bother as for it to be beneficial and easy on pockets thats the starting number folks... That's to book out the whole thing for a few hours our club only.

I'm afraid that I'm guna have to bow out of this, something has come up this weekend so won't be able to make the long journey down.  I wish you all the best Sarah and do let us know what it's like to work for a giant like Google!!!  Plus.....let us know if you are able to sort out any group buys on google products  ;)

No worries Keith. I'm currently at Symantec and they're not exactly small... ;)

Group buys of what, exactly? Branded merchandise? AdWords credit? Glass? Nexus devices? Search Appliances? :-)

Hopefully see the rest of you there!