ourphil

Wanted: A pair of standard GT86 wing side trims

If you have a pair of standard GT86 side wing trims that you are willing to sell, then please can you let me know or PM.
They will be for experimentation purposes.

Any colour considered.

thanks for looking

Phil

post-457-0-24756500-1406108400_thumb.jpg

Phil,

I am about to take my (blue) ones off to replace with the BRZ ones - you're not far from me /Faith, who is the whizz at getting these off. Fancy a meetup and she can whip 'em off.... err, so to speak....

Spec K

Faith can get all sorts of things off, and out of dark places, without damage...

Sorry - Phil, in case you're confused - Faith is a qualified lady who delivers babies.

( She also shares hotel rooms with the weirdest GT86 drivers around,  eats camels (hooves and all!), milks crocodiles and severely chastises those who think pink GT86 car lashes are not kewl..) :(

Spec K

Phil, I have some white ones too if you need, but I have lost one or two of the lil plastic clips but I'm sure you can re-use some of the ones off yours.  I would advise that you get some double sided foam tap as these are both stuck down and held in place by plastic clips.  When removing these parts, the double sided foam tape often gets damaged and removed so you'll need some new stuff to keep it held on.

I might be getting another group buy on at some point Smudge off Nathan from Japex, last time I brought 9 pairs for about £100 each and they were shipped over from Japan.  I know some people missed out on that and there are new people joining who might be interested....I've not checked mine in detail after my crash so don't know if I can salvage mine or if I should get a new pair.....at the same time, I've seen these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-GT86-Subaru-BRZ-Fender-Garnish-with-Side-Indicator-Marker-LED-Light-/291171899967?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43cb329a3f

which light up :P

Phil, I have some white ones too if you need, but I have lost one or two of the lil plastic clips but I'm sure you can re-use some of the ones off yours.  I would advise that you get some double sided foam tap as these are both stuck down and held in place by plastic clips.  When removing these parts, the double sided foam tape often gets damaged and removed so you'll need some new stuff to keep it held on.

I might be getting another group buy on at some point Smudge off Nathan from Japex, last time I brought 9 pairs for about £100 each and they were shipped over from Japan.  I know some people missed out on that and there are new people joining who might be interested....I've not checked mine in detail after my crash so don't know if I can salvage mine or if I should get a new pair.....at the same time, I've seen these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-GT86-Subaru-BRZ-Fender-Garnish-with-Side-Indicator-Marker-LED-Light-/291171899967?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43cb329a3f

which light up :P

Be interested in a group buy Keith

Faith can get all sorts of things off, and out of dark places, without damage...

Sorry - Phil, in case you're confused - Faith is a qualified lady who delivers babies.

( She also shares hotel rooms with the weirdest GT86 drivers around,  eats camels (hooves and all!), milks crocodiles and severely chastises those who think pink GT86 car lashes are not kewl..) :(

Spec K

hahaha, you really do put me in a fascinating light. However, no need as Phil has already had the pleasure of meeting me ;-) I get around you know :P

Phil, I also have a pair of stock 86 fender garnishes, but it looks like you may have a surplus of offers :)  And by all means, I'm always happy to help

Guest zen

Re BRZ fender garnishes...

I might be getting another group buy on at some point Smudge off Nathan from Japex, last time I brought 9 pairs for about £100 each and they were shipped over from Japan.  I know some people missed out on that and there are new people joining who might be interested....I've not checked mine in detail after my crash so don't know if I can salvage mine or if I should get a new pair.....

I am certainly up for a set of these!

I popped over to Phil's place yesterday morning to remove the std wing fenders and replace with my BRZ ones... (cor, Phil lets his missus drive his TRD... :huh: ... the only thing I'll let my missus drive is the grandson's pram...)

.. between us (and Keethos/Jay's excellent advice!) we had 'em off in half an hour... new ones went on in less than 10 minutes..

Mine were fully painted and I reckon they really go well on the blue.... now de-badged sides and rear  and running in stealth mode...

Spec K

It was great to meet up with you Keith and to fit your new side trims.
It was also good to get to go for a drive out in your Turbo charged GT86 and to further experience your Tein suspension and your exhaust system first hand.

Here is a picture of your car with the new BRZ Side trims

specialK_zpsb86229dc.jpg

I have been asked why I wanted old trims to experiment with...

I don't know why the side trims on both the GT86 and BRZ are dummy intake grills, so I wanted to have a go at fitting one of the many different car mesh grills behind a standard fender grill.

I have done a crude but of Photoshop to show a standard trim, a relocated piston badge and a perforated mesh grill in place.

gt86trims3_zps2c8ee5a2.jpg

Obviously this would be an expensive thing to experiment with with a BRZ fender, so I am going to have a go at cutting out a standard GT86 fender and then to replace the bevelled edge with a modelling iron, and fit an aftermarket hollow patterned mesh behind.

Really? Make sure they're not just carbon fibre covers that you stick on top of the OEM ones.

I've had a quote through from Japex and if we get between 5-10 people, we're looking rough at £110 per set delivered to 1 location in the UK, then it's weather you want to pay a lil extra to get it posted to you or weather you're willing to wait until we meet up to pick them up. Also, if you want the shiny chrome blade that goes on top, that'll be £75 for a set too, I know ourphil was interested in a set.....which seems quite pricy since I'm sure someone on eBay was selling them for about £50 :(