Special K

An old-fashioned conversation...

My daughter's partner, Paul, phoned me yesterday afternoon. Conversation went something like this -

P: " Keith, this afternoon I am going to ask Davina to marry me and I am phoning you for your blessing".

I was gobsmacked... my daughter's nearly 37 and been partnering him for at least five years...I gathered my thoughts....

"Have you asked her yet?" I queried.

"No, not yet".   So we had a bit of man-to-man dialogue (as the prospective bride's Father does..) and I expressed my delight that he was taking her off my hands...

"So, when are you going to propose?" I asked

"Today".

Thinking of some romantic, candle-lit tryst I asked "Where?"

"Here" he said

"Where's here?" I asked

"The Llama enclosure at Woburn Zoo"....

"Make sure you ask the right one.." I warned..

Davina said yes...  I'm buying them a long ladder and two runaway tickets to Disneyland Paris.. spare no expense, me...

Spec K

A real sob story...

Being serious for a moment, this could have a significant effect on my sport aspirations .. if the missus gets her way..

... is it realistic for the bride's parents to celebrate divorce at their daughter's wedding..? (Merely idle curiosity..)

Spec K

Congrats all....I never had to have that conversation as my ex-wife's father had passed away when she was a child.

I will never have to have that conversation as a Dad as both my children are male (at the moment).

I am loving Keethos' comment being directly after Spec K mentioning divorce! Lol

Keith, be a modern dad, let them pay for everything! Having 2 daughters, I'm definitely not old fashioned about who pays for weddings ;)