Pitman

Keethos's Car

I know that this could well be a bit of a controversial topic, but leading on from a post on 'the other' forum:

Hashiriya - been reading about the HKS stroker kit on a Pikes Peak built '86 over in the states. Depending on the cost (!) put me down for a kit .  LFA - sorry i never got back to you re our chat about your engine work - been stupid busy at work. An engine build is definitely the way to go though. I was tempted to go with a full baby blue wrap but believe it or not the firm I used couldn't supply the right shade of blue. If you do decide to go for it PM me as I've had a few wraps done over the years and there are definitely some firms to avoid. The challenge - whats it to be: headline numbers (bhp/torque), straight line drag or quickest around a track ? loser makes a £25 donation to Keethos smiley41.gif (in all seriousness maybe he should consider setting up a paypal donation account? - there's a few of us on here and a whip round can make all the difference).

​What is the general consensus of us doing something  like this for Keith?

Dave

i have already PM'd keith asking if he has a paypal account that might receive donations.

that way Paypal would only take fees the once, rather than have fees both ways.

Me being me I would also refuse any donations should someone offer however this is different.

Some mates (OK fellow enthusiasts) wanting to help out is different - Keethos isnt asking for anything, we've gone to him. Hopefully by just sending over the money as a gift will make him think differently. 

Makes me think.....maybe I should stop posting over there and bring my thoughts/time/money/effort into modifying my '86 for the good of fellow enthusiasts to read about over to here.  :angry:

i ma certainly feeling a far more enthusiast atmosphere here than there.

It seems like a more knowledgable crowd.

And they do things over here, take BHP as an example.

1173115-bigthumbnail.jpg

Arrrrh shucks.....you're all making me feel all emotional and stuff.....I think I need to punch a wall or something to feel manly again.....but in all seriousness, you people are all awesome people!  I really really do appreciate all the support and the community spirit.....except for Stu's that is  <_<

I would be more than happy to accept spare and unwanted items off people as in some ways I'm doing them a favour besides my gain but accepting people's hard earn cash would be just one sided.

Peter (Jay's dad) has already tried to offer me a donation (he even said "please" bless him) but I felt kinda bad accepting money off people for a mistake where no one was to blame but myself....well besides them pesky drifters  ;) 

But I can't stand in the way of you guys putting this much effort into trying to help a fellow member out as I know I'd do the same so I won't stop you guys, but please don't feel like you have to.  I know some aren't as fortunate as others so please don't put yourself into an awkward situation in trying to help, some of you have already helped loads by keeping an eye for items and support+suggestions do go a long way.

People can PM me for details but it'll be the same for those who were on the BRZ Side Fender group buy.

So thank you all!  I really do love this club!  This PROPER CLUB!!!

Can't believe Stu shut down the thread on the other forum - politics aside, it was just trying to help out a fellow owner and strengthen the GT86/BRZ community...  :mellow:

There is a far greater sense of community over here than over there.

Here feels like a proper club and is a bit like your local.

There feels more like a business, sort of like hanging out at Maccyd's.

Edit - my only gripe with this board is that my avater isn't animated like over there....

The challenge - whats it to be: headline numbers (bhp/torque), straight line drag or quickest around a track ? loser makes a £25 donation to Keethos (in all seriousness maybe he should consider setting up a paypal donation account? - there's a few of us on here and a whip round can make all the difference).

I vote track and I'll be praying for rain, and that you have wild and untamed boost [lol]

Can't believe Stu shut down the thread on the other forum - politics aside, it was just trying to help out a fellow owner and strengthen the GT86/BRZ community...  :mellow:

To be honest, it doesn't surprise me at all, they're just petty like that.  If I hadn't been banned and had in fact became a moderator when Stu asked, I'm certain that that thread would still be up, there are still people there who know me who didn't migrate over but still.....community people!

There is a far greater sense of community over here than over there.

Here feels like a proper club and is a bit like your local.

There feels more like a business, sort of like hanging out at Maccyd's.

Lol, I can see Stu hanging out at a Macies car park with the Yoooofs.....for multiple reasons :P

christ what a monumental bellend. Anyway, Keith, I will donate some money to your cause but not yet, ive accidently brought a new phone on ebay for £450 :S no idea how it happened.  :huh:

No need to explain rob, I know you don't love me  ;)   Seriously though, please please don't feel pressured to do so, I'll love you all the same  :)

I must say that I am very disappointed (but probably not surprised) by Stu's action.  At least it has helped me to firmly make up my mind as to where my loyalties lie! 

I must say that I am very disappointed (but probably not surprised) by Stu's action.  At least it has helped me to firmly make up my mind as to where my loyalties lie!

It just reinforces the splitter mentality that Dan & Stu etc seemed to have.

Yes I know dan has nothing to do with it anymore...

They don't seem interested in it being a club.

There is no sense of community. It all feels a bit cold.

Keethos - a good post by you. If people want to help then only good can come of it.

And on that note I'll be making a donation tom but in the meantime would having my oem gt86 fender garnishes help or has someone else already donated theirs?

Thanks ever so much for technically kicking this off and for your support Steveo, I feel even worse that I missed you at BHP :(

Thanks for the offer of the side fenders but mine might be salvageable but if anything, there are other areas that have more priority so I won't deprive you of your shiny new side fenders.  If anything, if I do need a new set, I'll probably set up another group buy as I know 1 or 2 guys missed it last time, it's the least I could do to help others in any way for their support.  The same goes for the oily bits, I think the car is mechanically sound so no need for your suspension bits or the exhaust (I've still got my stock one wrapped up like a giant old school mobile  :lol: ), but thanks for the offer anyways!

Great idea, I did wonder about doing this. :)

To me, this is what THIS forum is all about, and what makes it SO much better that the other one  :rolleyes: