PeterTalos

New kid on the block

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member to the drivers' club from Hungary. I just had my orange GT86 fitted with the AVO kit by the guys at Fensport last week.

Excited to join the club of other fans of this fantastic car.

BR

Peter

Welcome to the club! 

Awesome car and the turbo just finishes it off! 

Hi Jay,

It is a great car as it comes out of the factory but the mods made it even better. I drove home from Chatteris (it is about 1100 miles) and I enjoyed every yard of it.

BR Peter

Welcome Peter, blimey 1100 miles is a long way to come! But I guess it's not unheard of as I had a guy from France message me the other day asking where I got my Supercharger from and he is looking to come to the UK for one. Enjoying it though I am sure? ;)

Welcome Peter, blimey 1100 miles is a long way to come! But I guess it's not unheard of as I had a guy from France message me the other day asking where I got my Supercharger from and he is looking to come to the UK for one. Enjoying it though I am sure? ;)

Hi Rob,

It's long but comfortable. I got the Koni absorbers and the -25mm Tein springs just like yourself and it was still cosy enough to drive through South England, NW France, Belgium, a bit of the Netherlands, Germany and Austria before getting home :-)

BR

Peter

Welcome Peter, that is some commitment coming that far! Impressive! 

Enjoy your car and maybe you might think about coming over for the big UK meet at JAE in September? 

Welcome Peter, that is some commitment coming that far! Impressive! 

Enjoy your car and maybe you might think about coming over for the big UK meet at JAE in September?

Hi Lauren,

Sure, I'll try my best. In case my schedule allows me I'll be there. Whenabout will the event happen?

BR

Peter

Hi Peter and welcome, not only to this Club but to the 'elite' turbo division..! ... the ' banzai brigade', the 'Fensport Freespirits'... that's one helluva journey, you must be really keen!

Did you get brakes? With 19" rims the std calipers/disks will look tiny, yes?

Spec K

Hi Peter and welcome, not only to this Club but to the 'elite' turbo division..! ... the ' banzai brigade', the 'Fensport Freespirits'... that's one helluva journey, you must be really keen!

Did you get brakes? With 19" rims the std calipers/disks will look tiny, yes?

Spec K

Hi Spec K,

Thanks a lot, indeed the turbo is a wholly different experience. I actually kept the factory wheels for track days with some Toyo R888 tyres, so I cannot go for bigger discs yet. I did exchange the factory discs to Stoptech's grooved discs though (and related pads of course), calipers are still the factory ones. It is in my plans to buy 18" wheels for track days and then I will go for some bigger brake discs and good calipers, too. I normally visit a racetrack which is fairly slow (cannot really get up to a very high speed in lack of long straights), so the grooved discs seem to be efficient there, however on the road, specifically on the motorways in Germany they don't seem to be able to handle the heat generated when braking from higher speed (like 230 km/hour or above). I have the same problem with my other car (which is actually much heavier) so I ordered a Brembo GT set with cross-drilled discs for that, they are installing it next week, I'll see how it works and then I'll make decision which way to go with my beloved GT86 :-)