Guest zen

Salutations

Guest zen

Good afternoon all,

I have looked in and out if this forum for some time now, but have now signed up as I finally ordered a car at the weekend. Hoping to take advantage of all of the combined expertise! Although the extreme cleanliness of some of the cars in the gallery intimidate me somewhat!

Z

PS: am I upsetting apple carts by wondering why this forum doesn't merge with the GT86 Owners Club?

Welcome along, what colour did you go for and any optional accessories?

If i'm honest, the majority of us don't care about the cleanliness or our cars as much as it seems haha. 

Regarding the merging, all I will say is we split for various reasons, happy to explain via PM but we're past the bickering these days..

Welcome to the club Z!  Glad you could join us!  I wouldn't worry about how clean your car is mate...mines a state after this weekends trackday at Cadwell Park  :D

It would have been nice to join up with the owners forum but there were things we couldn't come to an agreement with and they weren't interested in discussing it any further, which is a real big shame, but at the same time, glad to be away from some of the pettiness going on there.

Any ideas when you'll be expecting the car?

Welcome aboard! :)

Don't worry about cleanliness, I've polished mine twice in 32K miles! I do wash it of course but it's dirty for most of the time! I say the cars for driving! :)

Have you got any future plans for the car? I admit that us lot just can't seem to leave them alone. ;)

Guest zen

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And sorry about the worms!

Welcome along, what colour did you go for and any optional accessories?

Black GT86, with red panel leather seats, and freebie floor mats.

Any ideas when you'll be expecting the car?

Well, I was told 9-13 May. No idea why the date range, and have read that some dates have been slipping for other orders. So we shall see...

Have you got any future plans for the car?

No particular plans rights now, Lauren, I just want to enjoy the car for a little while and then weigh up what will take priority. I reckon I will be able to enjoy the stock car for at least a few weeks before the mod bug gets me! :)

Z

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And sorry about the worms!

LOL, it's alright, there's no real worms here  ;) 

Black GT86, with red panel leather seats, and freebie floor mats.

And just so you know, floor mates come with the car.....just making sure that the dealer isn't making it out as if they're giving you free mats when they're not  :huh:

:lol:  Or leave it and ask where your free mats are when you pick it up. When they say they are in the car inform them they come with the car and you want an additional set as they wear out so quick.

Welcome Zen. There's some real GT86 petrolheads in your neck of the woods.... one guy called Fatrab stands out, comes from Glasgow way I think..

Spec K

He won't like that !

Rab has the BRZ

Oh and my car is always filthy, hence the avatar

Alec

LOL, very true, he wouldn't be pleased with that comment  :D

Yeah, my dealer tried to charge me for mats when they automatically added their Toyota new car bundle thingy which covers mats, petrol, paint protection and all the malarkey.  That got taken off straight away!

Guest zen

Apparently the salesman never sold a gt86 before, and none of the other models have free mats?

To be honest I wouldn't mind except I never pushed on price and favour supporting my local dealership if I can. Anyway I am to have cost of mats removed from my purchase price - although I never enquired what that cost was... Free, technically. :)

May seems so far away...

The BRZ doesn't come with anything! They couldn't even be bothered to Leather the rear centre!

Weight Saving

They also fitted a cheap looking Sound System in the BRZ !!!!

Cant really argue with that...  :( Good job I changed it though.

Oi!!! Whats with all the BRZ bashing????? YOU ALL DRIVE BRZS!!!!!!! Its just that most of them get covered in Toyota badges on the way out the factory  :lol:

Hi Zen, Ive got family from Brechin and I'll be up that way soon, I'll let you know when I'm heading up and maybe catch up with you if you're around!

Cheers!

Rab

Oi!!! Whats with all the BRZ bashing????? YOU ALL DRIVE BRZS!!!!!!! Its just that most of them get covered in Toyota badges on the way out the factory  :lol:

Hi Zen, Ive got family from Brechin and I'll be up that way soon, I'll let you know when I'm heading up and maybe catch up with you if you're around!

Cheers!

Rab

No Subaru send them to Toyota to finish them off it seems  :lol:

Guest zen

Sure! Just pm me if you are heading this way...