Twigman

Hello...another migrant here

Been on the other side since Summer2012....

I still do not yet have a GT86....ordered it (at last) just after Xmas and am expecting a manual in grey at the beginning of March.

I went along to the Herts meet at the Wicked Lady yesterday and met a few of you and learned about all the politics that created this place - I must've missed all that.

I had a ride in Keith's turbo but what with the flooding and potholes on faith's rather C road route keith didn't get a proper chance to kick me in the back.

Anyway - I suppose I'll start lurking here too.

Roll on March - it can't come soon enough.

PS If anyone knows the best (read cheapest) way to import a set of TWS T66-F wheels from Japan please let me know.

Get someone in Japan to buy them and then post to you as a "gift", no import tax if you get away with it (and happen to know someone in Japan)!

;)

Welcome, let me know what Size/Offset you want on the wheels. I'll see what I can do :)

I am looking at the 18x8.0J et44 specific 86/BRZ fitment as listed on this page

http://www.tws-forged.com/tws_t66-f.html

At 6.7 kg a pop that'll do wonders for unsprung weight!

I have priced it up via a jap dealer at 46000yen each but FEDEX wanted close to £800 to ship and once the 4.5% import duty and 20% VAT is added I'm looking at £2300 to £2500 plus rubber @ £600

So would work out around £750 a corner inc rubber which is just too rich for me...

If a way could be found to get that figure down a bit I might be tempted.

Edit: Oh and I'd after them in silver.

Welcome to the club Twigman and congrats on the purchase!  Be sure to post up some pics when you get her!  Just to give you the heads up, we might have a trader coming on board sometime soon who imports items from Japan.  Once he's set up shop, drop him a message and see if he's able to get a set for you!

Welcome Twigman

I'm currently in the same boat, I want some decent wheels but they are silly money and why do they have to be so bloody had to get hold of.  :(

Hey Twigman,

Just to let you know, Nathan from Japex Trading (who's based in Japan) has now signed on as a trader who can import JDM products from Japan that are compatible with GT86's and BRZ's to the UK, so drop him a PM to see if he can sort you out with a set of those T66-F wheels!

Hey Twigman,

Just to let you know, Nathan from Japex Trading (who's based in Japan) has now signed on as a trader who can import JDM products from Japan that are compatible with GT86's and BRZ's to the UK, so drop him a PM to see if he can sort you out with a set of those T66-F wheels!

Thanks - have PM'd -

I have almost given up on the idea and am looking at other (significantly heavier and cheaper ) wheels at the moment but if this comes up then I might hold off...

Thanks - have PM'd -

I have almost given up on the idea and am looking at other (significantly heavier and cheaper ) wheels at the moment but if this comes up then I might hold off...

I will chase my mate, I did mention the wheels to him and left it with him.

Great news Twigman!  Keep us updated and post plenty of pics when you get them!!!

It seems that may be a while as it'll be 2 months before they ship!  sort of made to order

Best of luck with staying relaxed....I was climbing up the walls waiting for mine and even more so that I knew the car was waiting for me but I could get it until I had my insurance sorted....needless to say I ended up buying some temporary insurance just so I could driver her :D

Best of luck with staying relaxed....I was climbing up the walls waiting for mine and even more so that I knew the car was waiting for me but I could get it until I had my insurance sorted....needless to say I ended up buying some temporary insurance just so I could driver her :D

Sorted insurance yesterday.

Signed the tax form today.....

less than 40 hours to go now

tick tock tick tock