Ok guys I need some advice please as I am thinking about doing a simple upgrade that shouldn't effect my 5yr Warrenty or Car Insurance.

Air Filters what can I expect from them,as having never gone down this route before I don't really know anything about them :(

On my old RX-8 R3 I had the full Racing Beat Revi Induction Kit with the Racing Beat Air Duct & Racing Beat Exhaust System,but the difference was I owned that car outright & could do what ever I wanted to do to it :D - oh all this only added about 4bhp :blink: & the price was a eye watering £1,250 approx :o

K&N - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130776807819?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Pipercross - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pipercross-Air-Filter-Element-For-Toyota-GT86-2012-2-0-PP1495-/300991685860?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461480a4e4

Cosworth - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cosworth-High-Flow-Air-Filter-Element-For-Toyota-GT86-2013-2-0-197-20002282-/400569396398?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d43cbecae

Not sure if I will buy from ebay yet but these are the items I found :)

Anyway look forward to all your comments.

You can't really go wrong with either the K&N air filter or even the HKS air filter which is virtually the same I believe (I'm sure the main tuning companies here i.e. Fensport, Abbey Motorsport and Tuning Development can supply these filters for about £30odd).  When we were down at Abbey Motorsport for a dyno day, we saw one car absolute stock get roughly a 6hp increase from simply dropping in a HKS air filter and that made quite a few of us buy one too.  It was one of my very first mods and very easy to install.  Though I have no idea about the Pipercross and the Cosworth ones but I'm sure there was an article somewhere that tested a variety of them.....or was that just the whole intake that they tested....can't remember sorry.

Probably the K&N is your best bet. HKS have a poor reputation for filtration. 

I don't really think any of the kits will add anything significant power wise, but it might sound a little different. 

I've got the HKS panel filter and noticed a difference straight away after fitting it. I've got an auto. I tested before and after installation at a particular section of road where I knew the auto kicked down a gear in standard form at 70mph. With just the HKS filter installed it didn't kick down. Repeated the test twice to ensure it wasn't just placebo.

I've had they K&N filter for 6 months and then tried the HKS filter (After I won it).

Can't tell any difference between the two power wise or sound wise. 

K&N is supposed to be slightly better at filtration and has a lifetime warranty. It also looks better built. Rubber surround rather than plastic.

I'll probably put my K&N back in soon. Will have an HKS one for sale. Cheap if anyone wants it. 

Personally I wouldn't touch an oiled filter (i.e., K&N) given the potential MAF problems they can cause. I had a Pipercross (dry version) in my old Octy vRS (it was basically what VW Racing sold in a re-badged form and used themselves so it had some pedigree), but was never particularly confident about the level of filtration.

I've got a Cosworth currently. Well made (rubber seal, tight fit), looks like it will filter well, no oil so safe and a decent price. Does it give better performance to a OEM paper? Tbh I have my doubts, but for the sake of £35 I wasn't going to make them big ones - although as it is a yearly/service throw away and new filter (unlike the 'lifetime' ones from the others) I may not bother again, but we'll see...

Personally I wouldn't touch an oiled filter (i.e., K&N) given the potential MAF problems they can cause.

Oil is not an issue!! Over-oiling can cause issues but it's not hard to ensure you don't do that. I've checked my MAF, cleaned it a few times, no oil. Running a K&N for a year now.

Well thanks you have well & truely confused me now :rolleyes: & all I wanted to do was replace the standard Air Filter in the standard Air Box with a Aftermarket one :)

The best thing to do is post as you've done for advice and then ignore it all and do what you want to do. That's what most people do and it works a treat :D, that way, you aren't disappointed, it sparks up another filter debate and alas we end up with no conclusion only for someone else to post a month or so later  :lol:

It's all good fun.