Lauren

TRD Aero Fins - Xmas Pressie!

Got this card from Mark:

1522220_10151762082421467_934882309_n.jp

The important bit is what's in the card of course! 

These ordered through RRG Macc of course:

MS345-18003.jpg

Mark has ordered them unpainted. Depends a bit on what I do with the wheels. If I do change the wheels to red, might be tempted to paint these to match. What do people think? 

I would have gone with carbon if it was real carbon, but I'm not keen on carbon effect really. Other option is black or white. 

personally, i would have gone for white if you wanted to match it to the car or black for the accent. you could then have them vinyl wrapped red if you decide to go for red wheels.

if you now want to go for white, there's always the chance they can't get the colour right

Interesting. I must admit, being an Xmas pressie I had no idea about, I've not had time to think what colour I might like the fins. 

Red is cool, but only if the wheels and stripe are red, which they aren't at the moment. 

White is a safer option and of course could go on straightaway. I don't think black is likely, especially so if I change the colour of the stripes. 

Hmm, decisions, decisions. 

Lauren, to be honest I love the whites with red wheels and stripes, so if it were me I'd wait until i had the red wheels and then match that red to the red of the stripes, take a picture, and then get someone to do a photo shop showing red fenders, If I liked it I would get the body shop to match the fender red to the rest.

Is the white a good enough match with the pearl white of the car? I think if it looks like they've tried to match the paint but it doesn't quite match it may look wrong. 

White would be the safest option though! And will look awesome with any combination! Can't wait to see them on! 

Is the white a good enough match with the pearl white of the car?

If it's the official TRD part, then the white is the OEM colour. TRD's only come in white, black and red hence only selling parts pre-painted in those colours.

I'd reckon matching paint wouldn't be much of an issue on a car that's less than a year old, albeit with 27K on the clock. If it's sprayed OEM white, then that would just be the same as the painted TRD part anyway.