speedy

GT6 Anybody?

Paddock is a serious corner, as there is (was) a bump immediately on the braking point and the camber drops away from you..

... go in wide and slower than you think is necessary, leave the apex late, fix a 'focus point' on the outside of the track at the bottom of the dip and smoothly apply power as the car drifts out...

That's the way to do it.... I'll put it into practice Sunday week... mebbe...

(Fastest driver I've seen around Paddock? Jacky Ickx in the F1 Ferrari - I think it was the BOAC 500 back in the '70s. Fan-bl**dy-tastic.... and the sound...)

Spec K

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29389

Cool vid....though not too sure about his choice in steering wheel....the Thrustmaster T500RS is pretty expensive and not all that great.  The force feedback is borderline too powerful/over aggressive (reckon it could break a small childs arms if the kid was stupid enough to put his arm through the steering wheel while the force feedback was on full load like during the boot up sequence).  The pedals are nice and solid, plus handy how you can flip them upside down to be like normal pedal that hang down rather than stick up but there's no sense of feel or resistance from them at all unlike the Fanatech pedals that have more substance and will vibrate to simulate ABS which author Dale seems to want!

Jeeeeeebus.....nabbed this off a mate the other night, thought I'd have a quick blast on it last night and boom......4 hours lost waiting for it to download and install 10 sets of updates (each being anywhere between 30mb and 2.5gb), only for the game to then boot up and more installs......but the game seems alright.....just wished I had a proper steering wheel to play it with :(