Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Mini- Surrey meet & Abbey Motorsports Saturday 12th October

If we're meeting up around 10, I'm sure we'll still be around then, I'd imagine we'd get some lunch at the Grasshopper come mid day!

Keethos no dramas with me being late mate! emailed Grippy tires and they have gone right for timings to fit my dunlops till 4.30 pm so I am all good now!

I'm not guns lie, I've only just got back from a concert and I'm absolutely shattered, plus it doesn't help when I've had bigger all sleep all week so I may not get there for bang on 10 tomorrow/today but I will be down!

I'll be coming from jct 16 on the M25 & hope to be with you all by 10am :D

I'm coming from jct 17, so there'll be two awesome coloured GT86's heading in that direction ;-)

I'm not guns lie' date=' I've only just got back from a concert and I'm absolutely shattered, plus it doesn't help when I've had bigger all sleep all week so I may not get there for bang on 10 tomorrow/today but I will be down![/quote']I was up fairly late so i'm in the same boat this morning. Only just got up lol

Well it was great to meet Lauren and Keith and Ian and James, in addition to the regulars. Just before I support my Good Lady with the packing, I thought I would pop up a few quick pics!! Really enjoyed meeting you all !!Lauren James and Keith (hopefully)Posted ImageSNAP!! Although Ian was first.Posted ImageOff on Rob's run outPosted ImageThe two "06'ers" out for the drive. COR! LOOK AT THAT!......says man in red teeshirtPosted ImageEveryone back at the pubPosted ImagePosted Image

Great photos as always :-) And another fab meet.. Here are my contributions: [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5026[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5027[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5028[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5029[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5030[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5031[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5032[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5033[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5034[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5035[/ATTACH]

Ten cars in all! Twas a good meet, nice to meet everyone and also nice to put some faces to names that I haven't met. Good to meet you Keith and nice to meet Neil, James and also Mark from Abbey of course. Had a go of the supercharger too, was really very impressive. I think there was a slight throttle lag, but blimey, it does pull very strongly indeed. Like it lots! It's always the case of once you try it, you start thinking, 'hmm, I quite fancy one of those'. I've had supercharged MR2's before and the experience reminds me a lot of that. Instant torque and a really nice strong pull right through the rev range. It certainly makes it a very tractable motor and the power increase of around 50bhp with corresponding torque seemed to suit the car well. Cheers! :+: Also Rob's triangle wasn't bad at all and I had some fun trying to keep up with Faith. It was certainly slippery out there in places! Just got home, a nice four drive back to Manchester. :)

Great photos as always :-) And another fab meet.. Here are my contributions: [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5026[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5027[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5028[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5029[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5030[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5031[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5032[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5033[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5034[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5035[/ATTACH]

Hey faith you got a good photo of me! jeez multi-tasking at its best! driving and taking a good pic! Im impressed.

Hello Peeps.I'm one of those from the other place who went to the meet. As you can see, I've joined this forum as suggested by Rob and Co.When I turned up at the Grasshopper this morning, I was surprised to see 6 other cars in the carpark (that's more cars than responses on the other forum's thread). Funnily enough, 2 whites next to 2 oranges next to 2 whites and then me, another orange. Very colour coordinated. Funnily enough, another orange turned up next, to be followed by 2 more whites. See Failths top picture. We did get a grey and a black turn up to spoil the symmetry.It was an enjoyable day seeing some old and some new faces. I was quite surprised to see that Lauren is from the Time Lord planet of Gallifrey: She had a nice sonic screwdriver in her hand which turned out to be some sort of e-fag substitute.:32 (19):Some of us got to drive the Abbey Motorsport Orange (note the colour) Supercharged GT86 with Cobra exhaust system. It was running at about 230 BHP and makes for a different driving experience compared to the standard setup. I enjoyed the immediacy of the throttle response. I need to try out a turbo version now for comparison.Cheers:32 (16):

It was great meeting you all today, new and old! Really enjoyed the chats, the cruise and the Carvery too!Managed to have a dirty brown shower on the way down this morning (some massive puddles with people driving through them slowly except for 1 douche bag who decided to plough through at speed which caused a massive wave to crash into me (proper flinched big time even though you know there's a windscreen there.....which meant my car was proper proper filthy)!Also, thanks Rob for showing us his triangle (ooo-eeerr), was entertaining, especially behind Lauren with her aids turned off.... she was giving it large big time out of every junction with he backend hanging out big time :+:Lastly, a big thanks to Mark for finding the time in his busy schedule to come over to the meet for a quick chat and for us to checkout his front splitter and more importantly for letting some of use test drive his supercharger. I'm am seriously loving the whine it makes, proper addictive though wished it would be a lil louder as I'm sure you'd struggle to hear it with music blaring. But with no music, you can hear the awesome whine and the Cobra exhaust sounded absolutely awesome with it! Really surprised how loud it was even though it was resonated! Can't wait to get mine fitted! Agree with what Lauren said pretty much, it's very linear and still fairly responsive so plant your foot and hold on tight as it just pulls and pulls while making such an awesome noise and putting a big smile on your face! A fast car must make you feel like your going fast and it can't truly do that without any proper noise, I've been in Adrian's turbo but he has such a quiet exhaust, it felt very weird and didn't feel as fast when accelerating compared to a car that makes a racket when accelerating hard like Pitman's turbo and of course Mark's supercharger. I can understand people wanting to be stealth but that's not what sports cars are about to me!P.S. apologies to Ian and Keith for leaving you guys behind, did try and slow down a bitin the hopes you would catch up but no luck. Also.....who was behind me in the Orange 86 and the black Cobra exhausts? Saw him shoot off straight instead ofturning off and following us, where did you go?

FAITH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HEAD?

FAITH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HEAD?

OMG, I never even noticed lol you only have half a head! That's the beauty of panoramic ;-)And, yes, it was Highlander, again assuming he was running on empty :-/

It was great meeting you all today, new and old! Really enjoyed the chats, the cruise and the Carvery too!Managed to have a dirty brown shower on the way down this morning (some massive puddles with people driving through them slowly except for 1 douche bag who decided to plough through at speed which caused a massive wave to crash into me (proper flinched big time even though you know there's a windscreen there.....which meant my car was proper proper filthy)!Also, thanks Rob for showing us his triangle (ooo-eeerr), was entertaining, especially behind Lauren with her aids turned off.... she was giving it large big time out of every junction with he backend hanging out big time :+:Lastly, a big thanks to Mark for finding the time in his busy schedule to come over to the meet for a quick chat and for us to checkout his front splitter and more importantly for letting some of use test drive his supercharger. I'm am seriously loving the whine it makes, proper addictive though wished it would be a lil louder as I'm sure you'd struggle to hear it with music blaring. But with no music, you can hear the awesome whine and the Cobra exhaust sounded absolutely awesome with it! Really surprised how loud it was even though it was resonated! Can't wait to get mine fitted! Agree with what Lauren said pretty much, it's very linear and still fairly responsive so plant your foot and hold on tight as it just pulls and pulls while making such an awesome noise and putting a big smile on your face! A fast car must make you feel like your going fast and it can't truly do that without any proper noise, I've been in Adrian's turbo but he has such a quiet exhaust, it felt very weird and didn't feel as fast when accelerating compared to a car that makes a racket when accelerating hard like Pitman's turbo and of course Mark's supercharger. I can understand people wanting to be stealth but that's not what sports cars are about to me!P.S. apologies to Ian and Keith for leaving you guys behind, did try and slow down a bitin the hopes you would catch up but no luck. Also.....who was behind me in the Orange 86 and the black Cobra exhausts? Saw him shoot off straight instead ofturning off and following us, where did you go?

Not a problem keith, we did our own little run...tbh I got lost & let tomtom take me back to the pub ..lol