GT86-Ian

Convertible Anyone ?

I've been training up some guys from Toyota this week and they've confirmed that there will be a convertible as well as a hybrid version too! Looking forward to seeing/checking them out!

Loathsome, obviously, but a cutesy convertible will sell well. Given its RWD they'd better include driver training ;) Hybrid like TS030 would be very interesting. Interesting they have production capacity issues; Subaru seeing record sales globally, which might explain it.

Not sure a hybrid is the way to go... the Yaris Hybrid I'm driving at the moment wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and, being totally silent up to 20mph, is a definite killing machine for wayward pedestrians.. mind you, 57mpg is a big bonus... Spec K

Not sure a hybrid is the way to go... the Yaris Hybrid I'm driving at the moment wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and' date=' being totally silent up to 20mph, is a definite killing machine for wayward pedestrians.. mind you, 57mpg is a big bonus...Spec K[/quote']Your hybrid is focused on economy, they don't have to be. Imagine our car being boosted by a 100bhp electric motor, that'd make it interesting. Ferrari et al. are already doing this.

It doesn't cost that much to make one, so maybe they are just pondering it again. I don't think this is anywhere near suggesting that a convertible will come to market.