Mike

TSS - Anglesey - 19th August

41 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Hi all, 

Quick question, is it ok to come along to this? 

We don't have to pay to watch or anything right?

Thanks. 

Yeah, free to spectate. Come on down. :)

I'll be there. My dad coming with me to see what it's all about and we make a little trip of it :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can get a passenger ride if there time and if some don't mind? 

Edit: Oh we probably won't get there until around 1030ish. We will leave very early Sunday morning when the roads are quiet and stay the night, then travel back and do some sight seeing on way back.  

If there's extra time at the sprint, in that we get all the runs done and there's time left over, you can sign on as a passenger for a tenner. But it depends on how the day goes. Obviously bring a lid if you want to do this, or you can hire one for a tenner. 

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

If there's extra time at the sprint, in that we get all the runs done and there's time left over, you can sign on as a passenger for a tenner. But it depends on how the day goes. Obviously bring a lid if you want to do this, or you can hire one for a tenner. 

Thanks, yea I'll bring my helmet. Hopefully it all runs smoothly. 

39 minutes ago, Jamie_GRMN said:

And if you fancy a ride in a Yaris GRMN you’re more than welcome!! Although I’m still not showing on the entry list 2 weeks after booking :huh:

I'm sure I've seen you on the list before... 

Good fun watching you all today. Sorry I didn't get to talk to everyone, too much to do and see, I was mesmerized by the views. I got quite a few pics of most of you. I'll try and put them up tuesday when I get time. Don't expect too much, they not great. I used my phone and I'm not a professional. 

After seeing 2 cars go around I kind of wished I was out there. 

As promised; here are a few pics of some of you. Again, the quality isn't great I was just using a mobile phone. I also have some of you at the top of the circuit but I was on the hill, so far away you look like dots in the picture. Oh and some of you look like your car is just stationary on the track as my phone can't capture moving wheels. 

29222764247_f61ea72770_h.jpg

43254970085_a2778048eb_k.jpg

29222762417_0945e36d06_k.jpg

29222958277_8e10a27e8b_k.jpg

43255147695_36ce56441c_k.jpg

29222954037_c29a902e59_k.jpg

29222951897_911971e92e_k.jpg

29222949407_bfbf60114a_k.jpg

30293897748_c8487467a3_k.jpg

29222946167_2ea39974d3_k.jpg

As much fun as it was seeing you all race around. The drive to and from Anglesey was spectacular. Just a shame the other 3/4 of the drive was dull and with lunatic's on the road. 

I haven't seen a road that smooth since... actually I can't remember the last time I saw a road that smooth. 

43442516454_20a484ff7b_k.jpg

43255214405_9bfcb247fb_k.jpg

29223034947_911f7b9e81_k.jpg

30293954008_5bf3fac2fa_k.jpg

43255208035_a46bd5ddf3_k.jpg

Thanks for the photo's - great scenery in Wales as always :)

Thought I would share 2 of my laps - one with my best time, and the second with my worst, trying something @Lauren warned me not to do - turn into Church corner without lifting. Turns out she was 100% correct :D  At least it all ended well :) Oops...

That was interesting to see Graeme. Your car seems to have so much more grip than mine. No sliding around, whereas I was over steering in most of the corners. Probably where I lost time. Also interesting that you were in second for the first corner, I was taking in third. You must have been right on the limiter at the run up to Rocket. I was into fifth at the kink, hitting 116mph before hitting the brakes. 

I think having the traction control on makes quite a big difference there Lauren. I had it on the first few runs and found it too frustrating on that first right hairpin, should have turned it fully off sooner. Doesn't seem to slow Graeme or Kevin down, but can't make it work with my driving. I wonder if it's to do with having higher spring rates in the rear.

2 minutes ago, maurice said:

I think having the traction control on makes quite a big difference there Lauren. I had it on the first few runs and found it too frustrating on that first right hairpin, should have turned it fully off sooner. Doesn't seem to slow Graeme or Kevin down, but can't make it work with my driving. I wonder if it's to do with having higher spring rates in the rear.

Yes, maybe. I admit, I never have the traction control on. I turn everything off on the track and on the road. I've never driven on track with it on. It's just not something I could ever bring myself to do in all honesty.