Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Banned from Dan's forum for what exactly?

Dan "Unfortunately I have had to ban a couple of members from the forum today for acting in a way which I believe is not in the best interests of this club. The members in question are responsible for setting up another forum (That is not the problem - other forums already exist.) but in doing so one of their founding members stole our club banner and has refused to return it, they registered themselves using our club name in a deliberate attempt to 'pass off' - i.e confuse people into believing we are the same club. They are using this forum as a method for promoting their own interests. I think you'll agree that I had no option but if you want to chat about it, please feel free to drop me a PM."

I did wonder who had been banned and why...Was there a club banner in the first place? who was responsible for "stealing" it - if it even was "stolen" in the first place?!?!?!Its sad, but not surprising, seems the club forums will go their separate ways from here on...

Apparently: Ian asked: Can you explain why lauren has been banned as she has no idea herself, also if we post a link from the other forum why does web address change, Im a member of two MR2 clubs & we freely copy & paste links on each others websites without issue. Stu said: There were reports from our members that she was attending social meets arranged here and spent time spreading misinformation about our club and pushing her own club, quite aggressively some found.

I honestly have not spread any misinformation. I have informed people that Dan runs 50 odd forums with the sole intentions of making profit from advertising and traders. He has no interest in the car. If someone would like to explain to me how this is misinformation, then I'm all ears. Furthermore I did not realise that there was censorship in regard to what can be talked about at local meetings.

Stu goes on to say: It is, I agree completely. It's a shame the individuals involved couldn't have put their efforts into making this a better place, instead of going off and doing their own thing and creating a divide. The irony is, some of them consider me and other as "the select few", as if we're the enemy. I personally have invested quite a bit of time trying to improve things here, reacting to suggestions/problems, trying to move things forward yet those actions fail to be acknowledged. I did this because some people were complaining that things weren't being progressed so I stepped up the plate and tried to make a change. I don't think it really comes down to the issues they raise, as they ignored what happened after. I think some people just have to be in control, some people like to complain whatever, and some like to be rebels and follow the new crowd. We always knew clones would be created (although creating a company in our name was quite rich!), it's inevitible, all successful clubs 'suffer' it. I'm only interested in donating my time to help make this a better place. Most of our members are quite happy chatting away on the board, sharing ideas/banter, benefiting from discounts/deals from our traders and other 3rd parties, and meeting up and having a good social time.

We tried to work with Dan and Stu when Keith registered the company name, however when Dan was approached to set up a not for profit club he declined and people got their accounts suspended. So we did not create a 'divide' out of choice, we simply had no other option when it became clear that Dan had no interests in setting up a club for the members.

He's forced out a whole bunch of that forums initial and most prolific members, if the others want to hear about/see our events/videos/pics then they won't be able to do that on his forum anymoreAlec

I'm not entirely sure, Richard. IT seems this must have been building for days. I'm guessing something to do with Rob refusing to return the banner as he feels that DAn has not entirely paid for it and possibly something about Keith's remarks yesterday in regard to the BHP show. I'm not going to stoop to their level. They've done what they've done and I'll just have to concentrate my efforts here.

This is an absolute joke and utter bullschiza. We've never caused any issues, trouble, trolling or conflicts between the two forums and it's just petty for them to ban us for just being associated with this forum/proper club! Alec, you're lucky that you didn't chat with him, I'm usually not one for talking bad about people but he came off like a proper prick, just like he sounds on the forum, cocky and full of himself.

:32 (30): I'll let the other copy and paste fairies update this thread with the rest of the content from the "other" forum... suffice to say that I'm pretty sure if people from "this forum" turn up to event organised on "that forum" things will end up being said and eventually it will all turn nasty... (or, even nastier than it possibly already has...) seems that not everyone is seeing events from the same perspective and who is being unreasonable about it depends on whether you're willing to take sides, hence, my sad face.Very sad times indeed because it makes me not want to bother getting involved with either forum in case I say the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong person and end up offending someone...

ok, ok, ok, I couldn't resist not being lazy... latest "update" from Stu... Note: I refuse to officially take sides (because I don't know anything about any of it) until I see the lay of the land post the ban-gate saga. [TABLE] [TR] [TD=class: BBquote, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]Posted Image riceburner wrote: can there be some form of compromise ?[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Apparently no compromise, which is why certain people went off and set up another site. And by no compromise, I mean they weren't willing to compromise what THEY wanted from a site/club and had to be 100% in control themselves. Good on them, good luck, all the best,. etc, but we don't want such people at events our members have spent time arranging only to preach about how evil we are and how their club is utopia (paraphrasing, before the copy'n'paste police go nuclear). For what it's worth, since this public discussion today, I have received PM's from more people complaining about her behaviour at our meets. I don't see any reason to 'compromise', sorry. It is what it is. A small number of people have been banned. I don't see that changing anytime soon. It can be discussed until the cows come home, but eventually it'll get boring and fizzle out. People get banned from forums all the time. People will get over it. It's taken some time to reach this decision, it wasn't a knee-jerk reaction. I don't have anything personal against anyone (although it appears that isn't mutual?!), but I will say that I have been somewhat disappointed by some people, that I have met personally who I feel are a bit two-faced. That's life I guess. Dan has asked that this not turn into a big debate about the decision and to PM him if anyone has any questions they wish to pose. Can we please avoid cluttering up this thread with any more of this and use it as a more constructive mechanism to improve things within the club. Thanks!

something about Keith's remarks yesterday in regard to the BHP show

I think your banning might also have something to do with your invitation for people to join the IMOC stand at JAE and your revelation that there are already more participants going on there than there are on the "other" stand.also, the entire BHP Lydden thread seems to have vanished from the other forum

ok, ok, ok, I couldn't resist not being lazy... latest "update" from Stu... Note: I refuse to officially take sides (because I don't know anything about any of it) until I see the lay of the land post the ban-gate saga. [TABLE] [TR] [TD=class: BBquote, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]Posted Image riceburner wrote: can there be some form of compromise ?[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Apparently no compromise, which is why certain people went off and set up another site. And by no compromise, I mean they weren't willing to compromise what THEY wanted from a site/club and had to be 100% in control themselves. Good on them, good luck, all the best,. etc, but we don't want such people at events our members have spent time arranging only to preach about how evil we are and how their club is utopia (paraphrasing, before the copy'n'paste police go nuclear). For what it's worth, since this public discussion today, I have received PM's from more people complaining about her behaviour at our meets. I don't see any reason to 'compromise', sorry. It is what it is. A small number of people have been banned. I don't see that changing anytime soon. It can be discussed until the cows come home, but eventually it'll get boring and fizzle out. People get banned from forums all the time. People will get over it. It's taken some time to reach this decision, it wasn't a knee-jerk reaction. I don't have anything personal against anyone (although it appears that isn't mutual?!), but I will say that I have been somewhat disappointed by some people, that I have met personally who I feel are a bit two-faced. That's life I guess. Dan has asked that this not turn into a big debate about the decision and to PM him if anyone has any questions they wish to pose. Can we please avoid cluttering up this thread with any more of this and use it as a more constructive mechanism to improve things within the club. Thanks!

Wow....really? Big talk from someone who won't let us defend ourselves, he can talk smack all he wants and make up crap and we can't do a thing cos they've banned us. For a second there I thought the whole compromise thing was referring to Stu and Dan but now I realise that was what Stu was writing and that they were referring to us which is a load of bull, if there was no compromise from us, we wouldn't have continued to use, support and be active on their site.

I for one would like to apologies to those who have joined here and feel un-easy about this whole forum v forum politics bull crap, we never set out to cause any issues or conflict between forums. There is absolutely no reason why we can't have coexisted but for some reason they've gone and banned all of us who are involved with this forum for some reason, I don't know, maybe because now we impose a potential threat to Dan's revenue, that's it, we're out, who knows. Anyone from the other forum is more than welcome here, especially people like Steve (Kodename) who's a moderator over there, we don't care, we're here to offer people an alternative, we're here to follow a slightly different path. We're not here to start a war and the last thing I ever wanted was to cause a divide and not be able to chat to some of your awesome people because you chose to stick with the other forum or to leave altogether.Suppose I should thank them as because of all this ban-gate saga malarkey, we've had a couple of other more active and supportive members join here!

I think your banning might also have something to do with your invitation for people to join the IMOC stand at JAE and your revelation that there are already more participants going on there than there are on the "other" stand.also' date=' the entire BHP Lydden thread seems to have vanished from the other forum[/quote']Yes, maybe, but considering that they are in a position where by Stu's own admission it probably wasn't worth having a stand at JAE, I was merely offering them a plan B. I hadn't mentioned it up until that point. We are unable to defend ourselves and that really is a very poor show. They are making up stuff, to make us look bad. I really can't be bothered to counter argue. I fully expect that Stu will not show his face at JAE now anyway. Shame that as I would have gone over and had a chat just to see what he's like in real life in comparison to how he acts on the forum. As for Dan, well we'll never see him at a show will we? We need some help with cross posting events, I don't think they can stop that.

Could be, Ian. But I tried to work with them. Oh well. I've decided I'm not prepared to do any mud flinging. I thought offering them a plan B might be a way forward. I can't help for trying!

Quite frankly, we tried to push things for the club, but they weren't interested in us helping out. On numerous occasions Me, Lauren, Keith and many others expressed our feelings in the "Feedback" thread and we was told if we do not like it to bugged off. So we did...With regards to the banner, It wasn't stolen I kept it in my Garage and in my garage it is.. The reason he hasn't had it back was because he banned me, besides, it's my vector anyway and has no right to display it at a show as it stands. Below is a copy of my last email to him to which I didn't get a reply. Perhaps it is Childish, but perhaps we should put our differences aside and get along... I haven't backstabbed you, i barely know you. You are not banned from our site? Nobody is banned. I never used the forum to poach members either, I will admit I did PM some people regarding it. But this was solely because they expressed interest in it before it was even set up. Not purely to obtain members. More to the point, I do not intend to in the future. Keith always means well he just has a very blunt sense of humour... I can give Stu the banner at JAE.It was left at this, he's just using the "Stealing" thing as an excuse to justify his actions.

I will hopefully continue the great friendship formed on both sites,and provide support for those that deserve the time and effort. It will now make me post on both and stop being lazy by just using one LOL Lets move on guys Onwards and upwards.