Sign in to follow this  
Twigman

Air Conditioning - One side cold, other not

My Air conn seems to be playing up.

The passenger side blows lovely and cold but the driver's side does not.

I've tried linking and unlinking the climate control temps but still the passenger side blows cold but the driver's side does not.

Seems very strange to me.

Any ideas?

On 9/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, BRZ-123 said:

Strangely , I am in the same position. Feels very odd.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Did you find any solution to this?

I've still  not - I did mention it to Toyota when I put it in for its last service but they didn't bother checking it and i forgot to ask when i collected the car as they were trying to close for the evening....

On 6/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, Twigman said:

Did you find any solution to this?

I've still  not - I did mention it to Toyota when I put it in for its last service but they didn't bother checking it and i forgot to ask when i collected the car as they were trying to close for the evening....

My problem went away on its own. So during the hot days this year, i have been using it normally. Sorry , cant help on this one.

It will be a blend door sticking - the AC unit is working because otherwise it wouldn't come out cold. The blend doors are the mechanisms inside the ducting that send air this way and that. 

Which one is stuck and how do you get to it without tearing apart your dash? Can't help there unfortunately :( 

There are 2 motors attached to the side of the heater system behind the front dash fascia. If you remove the glove box u can see the bottom motor. Its black with a large white cog on the side. If thats the one u should be able to remove and replace without removing the dashboard. If its the top motor then it is a dash out job.

see the attached post to put the system into test mode:  Climate control error codes - GT86/BRZ General Chat - Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club

Update - I did a gas top up (not a full drain and regas) and both sides became icy cold! It must've just been a low gas scenario.

RESULT and only used about 1/4 container of refridgerant.