Sign in to follow this  
BRZ2

Vent Gauge

Posted ImageHave not played yet just popped it in at Lunchtime, I will update with more later, but it was a 5 min installthis is showing the volts which is important for me with the Heavy Duty Ice Install, so i can watch the battery level now

What do you mean by heavy duty ICE? I know our batteries are bad, but I'm hoping my amp doesn't cause that much of an issue!!Love the gauge, could you link where you go it from and also a FAQ on the install? I'm lazy doing this stuff but if it's easy, i'd love to have an Oil Temp gauge there!Even better would be a multi-gauge that can switch between multiple sensor inputs...oil temp, battery, boost ;)

Looks good. Know what you mean about battery drain when you've got serious ICE. I managed to flatten my battery at a recent show. It lasts 45 minutes then it's dead!

Guest Guest
Even better would be a multi-gauge that can switch between multiple sensor inputs...oil temp' date=' battery, boost ;)[/quote']That one does all you just stated. It'll do anything that can be read from the OBD port. Its a shame as I want oil pressure which isnt OBD monitored.

How does it connect? Is it through the OBD or from the sensor? Think I might be seriously tempted, as I could use it for battery on the road and oil temp on track. How much?

Think I might be seriously tempted' date=' as I could use it for battery on the road and oil temp on track. How much?[/quote']Ditto...much easier than hassling with phone and OBD dongle...

Guest Guest
How does it connect? Is it through the OBD or from the sensor? Think I might be seriously tempted' date=' as I could use it for battery on the road and oil temp on track. How much?[/quote']Plugs into the OBD port AFAIK. Search for P3 FRS vent in Google, its around $300. If you're on ft86Club then you might be able to get discount through a vendor.I like it, but for the money I could have a proper oil temp & pressure gauge....

The P3 gauge, has this too:Includes additional inputs to optionally connect any 0-5v sensor with universal settings for display ranges and bargraph displays from -999 and 9999 max valuesSo if you add an Oil Pressure sensor which outputs in the that range, then happy days...

Guest Guest

Seems the P3 website is the most expensive btw. Can this display 2 at once? I don't want to flick between 2, I want both displayed.

Seems the P3 website is the most expensive btw. Can this display 2 at once? I don't want to flick between 2, I want both displayed.

If I go FI, I'd want 3 displayed! EGT, Boost & Oil Pressure...not sure which cylinder in the FA20 might be subject to running leanest with stock fuelling, but definitely worth investing in EGT with the sensor in the right collector if you're running boosted.

I saw this demo'd today at the barbeque at Rob's house. It looked pretty sweet. I'd be tempted if I knew if the vent still worked with it installed... I forgot to ask at the time.Steve showed this flicking between different read-outs, but it only displays one gauge at once.I'm particularly interested in the stealth appeal of this if the vent can still be operated with it installed, particularly if it's as expensive as it seems. After all, at that price, I'd be more tempted to fit a single-DIN head unit and put dials in the second bay, similar to how the FT86 Open Concept seems to be.

I saw this demo'd today at the barbeque at Rob's house. It looked pretty sweet. I'd be tempted if I knew if the vent still worked with it installed... I forgot to ask at the time.Steve showed this flicking between different read-outs, but it only displays one gauge at once.I'm particularly interested in the stealth appeal of this if the vent can still be operated with it installed, particularly if it's as expensive as it seems. After all, at that price, I'd be more tempted to fit a single-DIN head unit and put dials in the second bay, similar to how the FT86 Open Concept seems to be.

Yes the vent works fine as I found out on the way home, just as before, which is a great.

I have just fitted a SPA digital oil pressure / oil temp gauge in the vent. Very easy, total price £220.00 approx. Made my own adaptor plate from plastic for the vent then carbon fibre wrapped it. Will get some pics soon and do a write up. Have also ordered a scangauge 2 so I can also monitor IAT, water temp etc from OBD port ready for Sprintex install next month.

The SPA gauge displays oil pressure and temperature at the same time with programmable upper and lower limits for both and user selectable backlighting. Not digging at all at the P3 but SPA do make some very nice gauges and they`re sensibly priced.

Ermm not liking yours gtb. It deletes the function of your vent and its only oil temp. Those p3 gauges are the bomb. Robs got one. Has everything, boost, temps, out side air temp etc. Can even do oil pressure as a option. All in one. No need to look at the other side of your dash like some other installations.

Ordered mine with my s.c. good piece of kit well worth it plus your vent still works and its more accurate as its digital. Best gauge out there I've seen for a minimalist approach. Google p3 gauges. Abbey fits these. FAO mark!