Cal

TC Light at speed

TC Light comes on under load at high speeds.

Can't really take to dealer as they wont be able to replicate. But warranty has only 6 months left so if there is common issue that anyone knows about?

Engine light is due to exhaust.

tclight.png

8.2 mpg isn't bad! Some thoughts:

Series 1 default VSC is quite twitchy and steps in fast. Perhaps little bumps in the surface at those speeds is causing the level of traction to vary? How stable was the car? What was the track surface temp like? Any moisture around? It has been getting more moist in the mornings lately.

Limiter at the redline could unsettle the car a bit with stuttering wheel speeds. Seems unlikely in 4th or 5th though.

Is your tyre tread even across the axle? Stability systems get twitchy when wheels have different diameters.

The TCS has been known to kick in to help the diff out under some circumstances, even when the traction control is turned off. It seems that would be more relevant to low speed skids.

TC may trigger sooner, but still it shouldn't light up for longer periods of time even on zenki. If it lights up too quickly, first thing i'd check is tires air pressure, 2nd - alignment. And if steering wheel has been changed to aftermarket (and not centered as stock was) and if ride height has been changed with some means, - i'd reset VSC sensor to zero (via Techstream). But first - check pressure, if it's even in all tires, as it's simplest DIY/for free/fastest at any fuel station with air pumping service. Alignment check will take more money/time.

You look at to be over 7000rpm in fifth gear. I've only ever driven at these speeds on the autobahn and not experienced this. Even if the EML is on due to the exhaust it makes sense to put an ODB dongle on and see what the fault code is. Or go to your dealer. Obviously it shouldn't do this ordinarily. You'll fry your coilpacks though if you do this repeatedly. 

Cal and Lauren, 

I don't know about the TC light but my EML came on after doing one lap at Anglesey Circuit's Rally Trackday on Sunday. After turning the engine off it didn't want to restart for about five minutes.Would this be due to the exhaust ? I have a non-resonated Tuning Developments system with the cats removed. Once the car started again there was no further problem.

Chris Rae.

8 minutes ago, chris.rae2@gmail.com said:

Cal and Lauren, 

I don't know about the TC light but my EML came on after doing one lap at Anglesey Circuit's Rally Trackday on Sunday. After turning the engine off it didn't want to restart for about five minutes.Would this be due to the exhaust ? I have a non-resonated Tuning Developments system with the cats removed. Once the car started again there was no further problem.

Chris Rae.

No, the exhaust would have no effect at all. Would put money on it being a coil pack but it wont make it hard to start. If the EML has gone off, it's just a matter of time before it comes on again I'm afraid. New coil pack is £87. I can't explain why it would be hard to start. 

If he has a decat manifold without a remap it is obviously the O2 sensor throwing the code. They can take a few hundred miles to come on.

When the EML light is on I've noticed it affects the traction control, seeming to make it more sensitive, and makes it come on even when you have turned it off. 

On 25/09/2018 at 10:00 PM, maurice said:

If he has a decat manifold without a remap it is obviously the O2 sensor throwing the code. They can take a few hundred miles to come on.

Or the fact that it's on is possibly masking a 2nd fault.....