x14JSx

Tuning options

So recently I've been looking at the manifold and remap route and went ahead and purchased a Borla UEL. Now I'm looking at the remap side of things, I'm well aware of tuners such as tuning developments, abbey motorsport and fensport, I'd be happy to use any of these as they're reputation is excellent however my problem is I live in Northern Ireland, not sure if there is any tuners over here which work with the gt86/brz. Does anyone know of any in Northern Ireland that are reputable? I may be able to get a lend of an ECUtek programming kit from a friend would I be able to get a tuner to send over a map? Or how would that work? My last resort is getting a boat over and getting the remap as it's an expensive trip 😂 

Any advice?

Thanks in advance 

Jamie

I'm not aware of any in Northern Ireland. If you get a ferry over, Tuning Developments is only 20 minutes from Liverpool. Fensport do remote maps, so it is possible. Best bet is to talk to Adrian if you want to go that route. 

If I was to do the remote mapping I assume I'll have to do the data logging and send that over for them to work Off? Or do they have base maps for cars with certain mods that are sent over? @Deacon I'll speak with my friend and make sure I can get use of his before I go ahead and rent one. 

5 minutes ago, x14JSx said:

If I was to do the remote mapping I assume I'll have to do the data logging and send that over for them to work Off? Or do they have base maps for cars with certain mods that are sent over? @Deacon I'll speak with my friend and make sure I can get use of his before I go ahead and rent one. 

I think usually you'll have a base map, do some logging and then it'll be tweeked as necessary. The cable rental isn't too expensive if you can't get one from a friend

1 minute ago, Paul said:

If it's an option, I would go to TD simply to avoid any faff afterwards.

It is an option but it's the more expensive option, but I guess to have done right it's better to go over and allow them do their work. Something I'll have to look into more for pricing etc.

The main tuners have all usually tuned a range of mods on cars so a remote tuned car would pick the one that suits yours best. Really it's the manifold that is the main thing that you want them to have worked with before.

For an EcuTek tune it's just a cable and dongle required to flash the base map on the car and then you would provide them with logs to fine tune. If you have a good road to do a full throttle pull through 3rd gear you would only likely a couple of logs with minor revisions to get the map done and dusted.

I would say that Abbey Motorsport and Fensport are more likely to have worked on the Borla as TD tend to do their own manifolds. This obviously isn't an issue if you make the trip to TD to get a dyno tune.

Only saw this today so perhaps a little late but I’m based in Southern Ireland and had Mark at Abbeymotorsport do a remote tune on my trackcar after I installed a HKS supercharger, so it’s easily done with just a few data logs passed back and forth via e-mail.

I would recommend Momentum Motorsport in Lisburn too,  the owner Andrew has a Synergie V8 brz and I bought my GT86 race car off him. He will be able to sort out with anything you need and is well known for high end engine builds. He can also provide anything from Litchfield’s as he’s their Irish agent.