Sign in to follow this  
Adi

AP Racing 4Pot BBK

Get it from here, much quicker and they do the cheaper option of their discs which are non floating and it comes in at £1500:

http://www.reyland.co.uk/subaru-impreza/

This is where I and others got ours. I note the setup in the pic of your link has non floating discs so you may as well save £500. 

Sadly the reyland kit does not go understock 17's.
You would need some bigger offset wheels like the ones I have and @Lauren has for them to fit.

Get some nice lighter wheel and a BBK for about 2300 which about the same price as the entire kit you listed.

Really? Looks like it has loads of clearance on my TE37's. Thought it would fit under a stock wheel? If not change your wheels. Stock are horrible anyway, or put some spacers on for now? 

@will300 thought this kit did fit under stock wheels?

Really? Looks like it has loads of clearance on my TE37's. Thought it would fit under a stock wheel? If not change your wheels. Stock are horrible anyway, or put some spacers on for now? 

[mention=247]will300[/mention] thought this kit did fit under stock wheels?

I've never tested the BBK with the stock wheels. I can't see the point really, you can get a decent set of aftermarket wheels for £400. Also the picture on that website don't show the correct caliper, which is slightly misleading.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. Any idea how your kit affects the brake bias?
I can't remember of the top of my head, it's very minor like 1%. You don't notice any change when driving. The reason I built the kit as I did was because brake bias was a massive concern.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The reyland kit throws the bias slightly forward. You can offset this with some better quality rear pads. However overall this about the best kit for keeping the bias as close to stock as possible without investing in rears aswell.
Article below gives you some other results from other calipers and I believe the reyland is similar to Essex endurance.

As @will300 said its not much which is why on wills and @Ade recomendations I went with the kit myself

https://www.pointmeby.com/2016/09/24/which-big-brake-kit-bbk-should-you-get-for-the-brz-frs-gt86-86/

I wouldnt worry too much about small deviations, even up to 10% tbh as it all just a rough guide. The bias will be different on track to on the road due the the temperature differentials for example, and if you use a different compound front to back they will have different temperature vs friction coefficient profiles as well. Also more grip will cause more forward weight transfer under braking and coilovers with stiffer springs will also affect that. 

@DanJ does excellently on the STI brembo setup as did Element tuning is the states when using them on their racecar. 

Its only for anal retentive people like me that worry about the last few % :lol:

My setup uses the big AP 6pot 355x32mm disc which moves it forward a few % but then my RR wilwood rears move it back. I think the total is around 9% more rearward than stock. 

The Reyland kit is great, no bias problems noticed and the BBK is my favourite thing about the car! Yes its better than force induction! 

Lots of pics of the install and sizing here in reference to my rota 17x7.5 et48

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Rich196/library/Brakes 86?sort=3&page=1

Could probably get them under oem wheels with spacers.

Really appreciate the replys.

Ok, so looks like I will need new wheels or spacers. Do you guys think these will clear the Reyland kit:

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/view-wheels/bbs-sr-alloy-wheels-set-of-4

How would I know if a wheel clears the bbk without physically having access to either?

Also, any idea on the lead time on the Reylands?

@Adi you don't unfortunately. You can get templates for genuine kits, however as the Reyland is custom its a guessing game. Also wheel spoke design has a lot to play. Those BBS wheels i'd say might be too close based on size and offset (also I believe they are very heavy). 

Lead time for the BBK should only be a couple of weeks (assuming they have the calipers instock).

They moved premise when I ordered mine and total time was 4 weeks to get them done. Without that I think probably about 2-3 weeks.

Very difficult to tell on the wheels I guess best thing to go is look at others people wheels that are running the kit
Rays gram lights 17*7 et42 are mine and they fit fine.

@Adi. Took about a week and a half to get mine. I don't know about clearance with the wheels you've chosen. My 17x8 ET38 TE37's have a huge amount of clearance past the calipers. Probably over an inch. This is why I thought they'd be fine with stock wheels, though I've not tried them. 

20 minutes ago, Adi said:

So what does everyone else have ?  (I assume PCD 5x100 would be the only common thing)

alucardo: Rays Gram Lights 17x7 et42

rich: rota 17x7.5 et48  looks like this one: https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/rota-alloy-wheels/rota-gra-alloy-wheels-set-of-4

My current track wheels will be for sale soon. They're 17x7" et40. They're as very light at under 7kg a corner and they're shod with Michelin Cup 2's in 215/45/17. I haven't tried them over the AP BBK but if you were interested I'm sure I could arrange with @will300 to check the fitment?

It's these wheels below (Konig Daylite) 

IMG_20170304_165543_Hagrid_Clean_01.thumb.jpg.fe3a776f72a2b410d4a54be5cfcc715a.jpg