Gt86life

Best catback exhaust

34 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Imo if I was you I'd pay the premium and buy a Japanese exhaust over custom or U. K made ones. Miltek crack, cobra is just loud nothing else. With companies like HKS blitz etc you get far better quality crafted parts and R&D to back. Also you get a quality sound rather than out right loud. 

Then again it all depends on your budget what look what sound you want. But quality is quality in my eyes. My HKS is perfect for the daily grind with nil issues. 

And yet it's twice the price, getting support if something goes wrong is a royal pain, customs and import prices are ridiculous....

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

And yet it's twice the price, getting support if something goes wrong is a royal pain, customs and import prices are ridiculous....

Huh🤔Abbey Motorsports are a official trader of HKS. Buy from a UK trader my man. 1. There is a reason they cost more. 2. Twice the price is an exaggeration. A hundred or so yes. 

30 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Huh🤔Abbey Motorsports are a official trader of HKS. Buy from a UK trader my man. 1. There is a reason they cost more. 2. Twice the price is an exaggeration. A hundred or so yes. 

Tuning Development's resonated catback is £576.

Since Abbey Motorsport don't publish price on their website I can't do a direct check, but on Amber Performance the cheapest HKS exhaust is over £1100.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Tuning Development's resonated catback is £576.

Since Abbey Motorsport don't publish price on their website I can't do a direct check, but on Amber Performance the cheapest HKS exhaust is over £1100.

Yes if your a bargain shopper. All I'm saying is its worth paying more for high end. Especially exhaust. 

I liked the sound of my cobra non res, but then I had the TD equal length manifold added, which has made it stupidly loud, so now I love it!

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

...But on Amber Performance the cheapest HKS exhaust is over £1100.

Cheapest HKS catback on Amber has a list price of £750 including VAT and then they have a couple of £900 options. 

40 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Cheapest HKS catback on Amber has a list price of £750 including VAT and then they have a couple of £900 options. 

That's just for a rear silencer (£750), not a whole catback system, and that's excluding VAT.

I'm sure the T. D stuff is bang for buck, not taking anything away from Tuning developments. Their Turbo kit and exhaust options are certainly cost price and work well. 

But think we derailed this. In terms of exhaust to call it a day let's just say to get what you pay for.

6 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

But think we derailed this. In terms of exhaust to call it a day let's just say to get what you pay for.

As a consumer, you don't get anything for the import duty you pay. :)

10 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

I'm sure the T. D stuff is bang for buck, not taking anything away from Tuning developments. Their Turbo kit and exhaust options are certainly cost price and work well. 

And that's just my point. You may get what you pay for, but why pay more when there are UK options that sound just as good, come with a local retailer and a warranty if there are any issues, and are a lot less? I'd feel much happier going to Mike @ TD if I had a problem than having to contact a Japanese or US manufacturer if something goes wrong after 13 months...

Just now, Paul said:

And that's just my point. You may get what you pay for, but why pay more when there are UK options that sound just as good, come with a local retailer and a warranty if there are any issues, and are a lot less? I'd feel much happier going to Mike @ TD if I had a problem than having to contact a Japanese or US manufacturer if something goes wrong after 13 months...

OK I just stated a fact of better quality and craftsmanship. Well if your happy that's all that matters. 

I want to hear and see some in the flesh before I decide which exhaust to go for. I would prefer something like an ARK or an HKS on the face of it, but they are both very expensive. You pay your money, you take your choice

Having had an HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust on my supercharged CR-Z, I can attest to the power part, it's through-flow was excellent.  However, despite being resonated it was noisy and had a nasty drone just around motorway cruising speed from 75-85.  My advice would be to hear any exhaust you're contemplating purchasing in the flesh before buying.

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

I want to hear and see some in the flesh before I decide which exhaust to go for. I would prefer something like an ARK or an HKS on the face of it, but they are both very expensive. You pay your money, you take your choice

Many years ago I organised an "exhaust meet" which was brilliant because I got to have a listen to lots of different set ups

I don't know how true it is, but I've read that a lot of the Japanese branded exhausts are actually manufactured in Taiwan, shipped to Japan in bits, then packaged. Via a legal loophole they are able to market the final product as "made in Japan".

Anyone else know anything about this?

7 minutes ago, Fenhopper said:

I don't know how true it is, but I've read that a lot of the Japanese branded exhausts are actually manufactured in Taiwan, shipped to Japan in bits, then packaged. Via a legal loophole they are able to market the final product as "made in Japan".

Anyone else know anything about this?

Nope I have not. Doubt it as the Japanese are stringent in quality and laws hence the quality. 

7 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Nope I have not. Doubt it as the Japanese are stringent in quality and laws hence the quality. 

Plenty of Japanese manufacturing is outsourced, so it doesn't seem infeasible.

I'd definitely agree with at @faith - get along to some meets and listen to them in person.

I had a cobra resonated system but it became too loud for me to get on track once I had a manifold fitted. I changed to a HKS HiPower Spec L cat back as I'd always loved the look and wanted something that was quiet so I'd have no problems for track. I'd have no hesitation running a TD system either.