sazabiskythe

Sub 300 Aftermarket Manifold on eBay

Came across this very cheap aftermarket de-cat manifold on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-RACE-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-PAIR-FITS-SUBARU-BRZ-TOYOTA-GT86/282771095708?hash=item41d678809c:g:fIoAAOSwVgtZ14LH

EDIT: Another seller appears to be selling the same:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-86-2-0-4-1-Race-Spec-Stainless-Steel-Manifold-Headers/362191991642?fits=Model%3AGT+86&hash=item545453335a:g:6eMAAOSw3ZtaOm2n

Doesn't seem to have a brand to it, but at this price it is considerably cheaper than anything else I have seen.

Has anyone else come across this before or know of the brand?

General consensus stateside is that these are likely to be similar to the OEM manifold performance wise. Cheap generic stuff out of China, will come under loads of different "Brands" and the collectors are likely to be poor/non-existent,

You can buy that manifold from Ali Express for £60. If you want to try it out and see for yourself that it's been made by a blind man in a shed, then better spend £60 than £270.

Save your money, get a TD ideally, or at very least get something proven (Tomei, Borla, HKS etc.).

Thanks for the input all. It seems the TD manifold is the choice to go for, but they’re very far away from me as I’m based in the south east. Have visited abbey motorsports to get work done before. Is the japspeed manifold a good choice?

If I didn't want to make the trip to Warrington, in your shoes I would get the TD manifold/OP shipped to you, then installed and mapped by Abbey.

4 hours ago, sazabiskythe said:

Is the japspeed manifold a good choice?

Probably the same one. I had a cheap China exhaust rock up in a Japspeed box, not bought from Japspeed ;) I had another of the same exhaust turn up branded Direnza. That's the same Q300 rep that is everywhere on eBay under different names.

The cheapest decent manifolds are Tomei/Invidia/Cobra if you don't want the TD and an EL system.

4 hours ago, sazabiskythe said:

Thanks for the input all. It seems the TD manifold is the choice to go for, but they’re very far away from me as I’m based in the south east. Have visited abbey motorsports to get work done before. Is the japspeed manifold a good choice?

It's an overnighter. Just book a Premier Inn and do it that way. It's what most people do who come from the south east and go to TD. Japspeed equals shite. Do it once, do it properly. 

On 02/01/2018 at 6:04 PM, Lauren said:

Do it once, do it properly. 

Agreed, I bought a cheap manifold, and while it has good performance, it whistles annoyingly.

It's a known issue with the model of manifold - cheap flex pipe that whistles when air flows over it. Doesn't affect performance, just sounds a bit crap. At some point I'll bite the bullet and get new flex welded in.