Paul

Chris Knott & wraps

Got any wrap on your car? Don't bother.

Had this last year, phoned up and they refused to even quote me, saying their underwriters don't cover wraps whatsoever. Had a conversation on the forum as well and the rep here said that was not the case, but guess what, a year later and the same conversation. Wouldn't quote me despite just my mirrors and roof being wrapped in carbon, not exactly in danger of being liable for a re-wrap are they?

Will go with a competitor and strike them off my yearly checklist.

They were "ok" with my roof and aero fins but not a full wrap. Cost extra so went elsewhere come renewal. 

They're being a bit screwed from their underwriter tbh as other companies with the same underwriter will cover wraps fine 

I think that some of these brokers don't have good lines of communication with their underwriters, either that or they just decide they don't like the sound of your voice.

Earlier this year, Adrian Flux told me that my underwriter (ERS) would not allow me to add a catback and panel filter to my car because it presented "an unacceptable risk"; so, I cancelled the policy and went through Chris Knott, declared the same mods, no probs, guess who the underwriter was? Yep, you guessed it, ERS!

Matt.

Having just renewed I'm always amazed the differences between companies. Greenlight have always been useless and I might as well give up with them but seems others have success. My annoyance this year was that they told me I couldn't have the named driver as a SDP&C when I'm only SDP as that's fronting and that no-one underwrites that, despite me telling them that I've been covered like that for many years. Their response, I must be wrong and that I should check my policy to which I pointed out that I was reading my policy, but they were still adamant that wasn't possible. Their quote for just SDP was over £100 more than the rest and I'd have to add commuting temporarily if required at extra cost.

My policy is with ERS through Adrian Flux, I managed to get a comparable quotes with CK (Highway) and AIB (Markerstudy) which all said the above was rubbish and confirmed they would cover my needs.

I now know that despite using similar underwriters, different brokers can't undercut on the same underwriter which can limit options.

I'm shocked about partial wraps though, the Modification Declaration Form I just filled in was pretty comprehensive with all kinds of sections for body mods.

3 hours ago, Fenhopper said:

Earlier this year, Adrian Flux told me that my underwriter (ERS) would not allow me to add a catback and panel filter to my car because it presented "an unacceptable risk"; so, I cancelled the policy and went through Chris Knott, declared the same mods, no probs, guess who the underwriter was? Yep, you guessed it, ERS!

I sometime think changing from a stock to modified requires a different type of policy. I remember trying to change from a modified CRX to a standard basic Accord and the policy shot up as the car wasn't modified and I was on a policy was catered towards modified cars. Seems barmy but it happens.

10 hours ago, knightryder said:

I now know that despite using similar underwriters, different brokers can't undercut on the same underwriter which can limit options.

That doesn't seem right considering mine was a large chunk lower on the same underwriter, that and CK are allowed to undercut by 10%

9 hours ago, Mike said:

That doesn't seem right considering mine was a large chunk lower on the same underwriter, that and CK are allowed to undercut by 10%

Was that just when calling for quotes or for a renewal? Happened both this year and last when asked who my renewal offer was with and was told the same from a couple of brokers.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:49 PM, knightryder said:

I'm shocked about partial wraps though, the Modification Declaration Form I just filled in was pretty comprehensive with all kinds of sections for body mods.

It's just mind blowing, I have over £10k worth of mods on the car but they get scared off by a piece of vinyl on the roof which cost £50 to have done. 

In any case, I ended up going with Greenlight, they're cool with me going FI next year and I get dirt cheap trackday insurance (which is now as vital as oxygen if I want to keep living!).

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Does the greenlight trackday cover affect your NCB if you have a prang on track?

Took protected no claims this time, just in case.