Lowe

Lowe's Team Grey

2 hours ago, nerdstrike said:

Thanks Lowe. Nevertheless do keep an eye on the LTFT and see if it drifts slowly positive as the ECU compensates your gains away. I hope it's not the case!

AFR would give more immediate diagnostics, but you would need a base-line to compare against. The power band would endure longest without correction, as it doesn't get much chance to run in closed-loop mode up high.

Read this?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78902

On 10/10/2017 at 0:51 PM, Lowe said:

Earlier in the year it was time for the 30,000 mile service. I took the car up to Richard at RRG and also had a few warranty niggles sorted out. Whilst the car was at the detailers the battery was constantly going flat. This was sorted, along with a rattling gear linkage, the infamous rusting quarter pillars and delaminating interior mirror. Worked out at about £1300 worth of fixes! :o Still, all covered and I got the pleasure of a Yaris in the process too! :lol: Rich took me out in his '86 with the intake and full Cobra exhaust. This got my brain ticking. ;)

In the meantime I found AliExpress. I ordered a few basic stickers out of curiosity to see if they'd actually come. They're real carbon and just attach with 3M tape. 

zQzci3t.jpg

dYZQDcA.jpg

1yvRnXj.jpg

Really pleased with them and given how cheap they are if they fall off it's no big loss. :)

Please can you send me links for those? 

I was looking on aliexpress few weeks ago but I wasn't sure on them after other parts I bought from them not quite fitting. But those look like they fit well. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Please can you send me links for those? 

I was looking on aliexpress few weeks ago but I wasn't sure on them after other parts I bought from them not quite fitting. But those look like they fit well. 

Thanks

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Carbon-Fiber-sport-style-Side-Mirror-Cover-Cap-Fit-For-Toyota-86-GT86-new-Design/32783631078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Ay5aTW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbon-Fiber-Car-Door-Sill-Plate-For-BRZ-STI-TOYOTA-86-TRD-2013-2017-2pcs-Carbon/32785264685.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Ay5aTW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Interior-Refit-Carbon-Fiber-Seat-Heating-Button-Decorative-Frame-TRD-STI-Modification-Trim-For-Subaru/32784242550.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Ay5aTW

As ever, buy through the mobile app to save a few quid. The mirror covers aren't 100% perfect, but the only issue is on the inner side next to the glass so you can't really see it - I say issue, it's an overlap of less than 1mm. Hardly worth worrying about imho, or I stuck them on wrong! :)

So more modding happened today. As I mentioned before, I was never a big fan of the stock '86 lights. Ideally I wanted smoked replacements, but at the time settled for some standard red Valenti that came up on the forum, just to get rid. I didn't mind the red to be honest but knew that I wanted the smoked at some point. Well as luck would have it @Lucas@PartBox wanted to swap his smoked for some reds. He swung by earlier this afternoon and on the car park at work we got our 8mm spanners at the go and swapped over. Both happy. #winning!

joXAKvi.jpg

Of course, this opens up a can of worms now haha! The rear foglight now sticks out a bit so needs changing, or at least tinting. The rear logos need to come off and my black Toyota logo needs to go on. The stealth look is at least starting! :)

12 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

Shame with the door switch covers. Passenger side looks class emoji1305.png

Yeah, I've bodged it on for now with white tak. No response from the seller so far :( Still, as you say the passenger side is mint. Really surprised with how thick the and shiny the lacquer is.

3 hours ago, Lowe said:

Thanks I managed to find the door sill plate, just wasn't sure on the mirrors as they would be quite noticeable. 

4 hours ago, Lowe said:

So more modding happened today. As I mentioned before, I was never a big fan of the stock '86 lights. Ideally I wanted smoked replacements, but at the time settled for some standard red Valenti that came up on the forum, just to get rid. I didn't mind the red to be honest but knew that I wanted the smoked at some point. Well as luck would have it @Lucas@PartBox wanted to swap his smoked for some reds. He swung by earlier this afternoon and on the car park at work we got our 8mm spanners at the go and swapped over. Both happy. #winning!

joXAKvi.jpg

Of course, this opens up a can of worms now haha! The rear foglight now sticks out a bit so needs changing, or at least tinting. The rear logos need to come off and my black Toyota logo needs to go on. The stealth look is at least starting! :)

Guess who might have just enough tint for the rear fog

3 hours ago, AJ124 said:

Looking good, congratulations on buying the best colour!

Do you have the links for the boot light parts?

No, but if you PM me an address I’ll send you my spare 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Possibly, just need to see how much i have left.

Point me in the right direction and I’ll see about getting some more. Never used it before. 

/edit: Just ordered some of this:

Hycote Lens Paint Smoke, 400ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004SMLEB0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kRr4zb4YNPXJC

Edited by Lowe

I had a look on AE. Did all the parts you buy come from TPIC? Seems like there are 2 other similar manufacturers at similar prices, Airspeed and 3Noric. One of those might be worth a shot if anyone wants to try. See if either has decent feedback.

15 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I had a look on AE. Did all the parts you buy come from TPIC? Seems like there are 2 other similar manufacturers at similar prices, Airspeed and 3Noric. One of those might be worth a shot if anyone wants to try. See if either has decent feedback.

Not all from TPIC no. I feel the quality of the TPIC stuff was right up there, but that last bad fitment has left a bad taste. I’ve messaged them 3 times and not had so much as an acknowledgment. I know in China last week was a week of national holiday, so they’re likely to have a backlog. But honestly I just get the impression they’re not interested. Tricky one - don’t spend more than you’re happy to lose, it’s a gamble after all. 

1 hour ago, Lowe said:

Point me in the right direction and I’ll see about getting some more. Never used it before. 

/edit: Just ordered some of this:

Hycote Lens Paint Smoke, 400ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004SMLEB0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kRr4zb4YNPXJC

I did Janes rear lights in red and they came out brilliant, but had to remove it due to the indicators. gutted!! 

4 hours ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Hi bud, I do have enough but think it might be a bit to light. You're welcome to have a look.

Cheers mukka 👍🏻 I’ve got some stuff coming through from Amazon so saves using up your supplies. Wrong time of year to be spraying mind haha!

Well just an update to the intake side of things. I do think that the ECU has buggered around and compensated the improvement away. It's certainly no worse than when it had the stock air box, but it's lost the improvement in torque I initially had. I guess this would be reinstated with a proper remap, but that's not on the cards for now. At least I know that when I do have enough for the manifold/remap I should see some strong gains overall.

I think you'll find that it won't really offer any gains. I've got an intake that is very similar to yours and I'm not making any more than all the others with panel filters and the same manifold and a remap. Induction noise sounds a bit better though. All the gains will come from the manifold and cat delete really. 

Picked up a ODB interface and put Dash Command on my phone. Obviously I don't have a base reading from stock, but LTFT's are sitting at about +8 to10%. No idea if this has 'richened' up to compensate for the extra air flow.

Also debadged the Toyota and 86 logo. Need to get that my black logo badges on now, I think that'll set the back off nicely. Just need some decent weather!

XGHYRqc.jpg

Yesterday the weather was nice and bright so had a go at those badges. Rear came off nice and easy but the front put up more of a fight, and the glue/gunk it left behind took nearly an hour to get off!

M98dd64.jpg

xTcpcgI.jpg

hHAJka7.jpg

I had a good old laugh at this as well... Yes, that's the Toyota emblem badge! :D

UQRTpRC.jpg

1 minute ago, Lowe said:

Yesterday the weather was nice and bright so had a go at those badges. Rear came off nice and easy but the front put up more of a fight, and the glue/gunk it left behind took nearly an hour to get off!

M98dd64.jpg

xTcpcgI.jpg

hHAJka7.jpg

I had a good old laugh at this as well... Yes, that's the Toyota emblem badge! :D

UQRTpRC.jpg

Mine were the complete opposite front took a matter of minutes but the rear took me hours of scrubbing to remove the glue residue :lol: