Lucas

17% OFF PARTS - SUMMER SALE

4 minutes ago, Deacon said:

@HariboPenguin and @Cerastes I'd strongly suggest getting yourself some ACF50 and giving them a good coating before installation. They seem to rust up quite a bit.

Already booked mine in for fitting Friday morning so won't be able to get any in time. I was under the impression they already had some sort of coating on them anyways or is it just their coating isn't as good?

17 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

This stuff? Even though it says it for motorbikes? I assume just spray it all over them? And is 1 enough lol 

Yes that's the stuff. It's for anything - they use it on planes and helicopters! 

I'd probably spray some on a cloth and just give them a good wipe over 👍

23 minutes ago, HariboPenguin said:

Already booked mine in for fitting Friday morning so won't be able to get any in time. I was under the impression they already had some sort of coating on them anyways or is it just their coating isn't as good?

They have a paint type coating on but it comes off in places (from the set I had mainly around the top mounts and bottom bracket / mounting). I was surprised how much rust there was within less than a year on the set I had in these areas.

1 hour ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

I'll mention this to our warehouse staff and TEIN. 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Things we get on pallets are always spotless and leave our warehouse without any marks. It's down to UPS when it leaves us. Even then, UPS are usually good. 

Things we get in boxes, like TEIN products and other things we do not usually bulk order often arrive slightly bruised to our place, but we aren't actually allowed to open most of the things and check as it would void the warranty.

There's only so much we can do, therefore it's always best to collect but I understand it's not always possible.

Thanks Lucas.

Also just wanted to clarify that I don't have any problems with the service I received from you guys, it was excellent, your staff were very friendly and helpful and always kept me up to date with my order promptly. I was also pretty surprised how quick you got them in, I was expecting at least a week or so wait if not longer, not a weekend.

I collected my set and the box was indeed in good condition from the outside and there was no way for you to know about the condition of the inside packaging without opening it up which as you said would void warranties etc...

My only complaint is with Tein's poor packaging of their products.

Oh and that my bank balance has dropped considerably because of your offers :lol:

1 minute ago, Deacon said:

They have a paint type coating on but it comes off in places (from the set I had mainly around the top mounts and bottom bracket / mounting). I was surprised how much rust there was within less than a year on the set I had in these areas.

Ah ok, does the ACF50 have to be applied to new stuff or can it be applied later down the line, although obviously not as ideal?

If so, I'll get some and have it applied on the next service or inevitable mod install.

Just now, HariboPenguin said:

Ah ok, does the ACF50 have to be applied to new stuff or can it be applied later down the line, although obviously not as ideal?

If so, I'll get some and have it applied on the next service or inevitable mod install.

It's obviously better when new but can be applied whenever as long as you clean the surface off. It won't gaurantee no corrosion but will help 👍

It does look better than other designes. Has the rubber trap doors and also the stand up baffles to help guide flow as well as stop oil sloshing about and being sucked up the bearthers.

Its was actually designed and fitted to the cosworth dev car two years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Bluemoon and Cusco look like the same in design to me - one being vastly more expensive! 

I'd say the cosworth baffle is far superior with the vertical scrapers stopping oil sloshing around above the plate and also both those designs dont have trap doors near the edge so oil can get stuck at the sides above the plate during cornering. Not to mention the cosworth has 10 trap doors vs 6 in the others.

At £150 its a bit of a surprise if part box can get any more in! 

I'm quite careful with oil mods but I did have the moroso junk baffle fitted and it caused oil starvation due to poor design. Thankfully I picked it up on my pressure gauge on the way back from fensport and alarm bells were ringing. If it didnt have that pressure gauge it'd be a case of "knock knock, who's there, big end shells!"

43 minutes ago, Ade said:

The Bluemoon and Cusco look like the same in design to me - one being vastly more expensive! 

I'd say the cosworth baffle is far superior with the vertical scrapers stopping oil sloshing around above the plate and also both those designs dont have trap doors near the edge so oil can get stuck at the sides above the plate during cornering. Not to mention the cosworth has 10 trap doors vs 6 in the others.

At £150 its a bit of a surprise if part box can get any more in! 

I'm quite careful with oil mods but I did have the moroso junk baffle fitted and it caused oil starvation due to poor design. Thankfully I picked it up on my pressure gauge on the way back from fensport and alarm bells were ringing. If it didnt have that pressure gauge it'd be a case of "knock knock, who's there, big end shells!"

When you have the Cosworth baffle fitted, will you share your findings in regards to oil pressure? I have a Moroso hanging on my garage wall and cant decide if I want to modify it and fit it or just go with another baffle thats proven not to cause starvation.

Just now, AJ124 said:

When you have the Cosworth baffle fitted, will you share your findings in regards to oil pressure? I have a Moroso hanging on my garage wall and cant decide if I want to modify it and fit it or just go with another baffle thats proven not to cause starvation.

Will do chap. If it works, it shouldn't make any difference as I dont get oil surge currently with AD08Rs... but those used BTCC slicks might :ph34r: