zhuonanli

Yoko V105S or PS4s? Place your votes!

Yoko V105S or PS4s? Place your votes!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Yoko V105S or PS4s? Place your votes!

• Yokohama V105s
    • Michelin PS4s

v105s all day, sometimes find them on offer for 60£ which cannot be said for the ps4's and still give the tail a bit of needed movement

Like @TTR said I have had both & would have both again. The v105's are a very good tyre which grip well and give a nice gradual slip so you can feel the car trying to kick out but the PS4's have so much grip it's crazy! I can still get the back out on my car by either flicking it or kicking the clutch so that's not a problem but the speeds the tyres grip at are pure awesome and create massives chesire cat style grins everytime you corner!

I know that when I need a new set of tyres I will 100% be going for PS4's again. I know they are a little more to buy (not excessive amounts more) but god they are worth it!!

Plus thanks to @TTR I know what they are capable in the hands of an expert driver ;) 

I'm very much enjoying the PS4s, the grip is superb and I was amazed at how much stick they could take before giving up, even in the wet. 

Here's a more impartial Evo IMG_2347.thumb.JPG.262b9c2a15c118ff3c8d48fdc56e98d9.JPGview.

56 minutes ago, jevvy said:

v105s all day, sometimes find them on offer for 60£ which cannot be said for the ps4's and still give the tail a bit of needed movement

I wish thats the case with my rear tires...my rears are 255/35/18 which are sooo expensive ;(

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

They're a personal preference, how do you want the car to behave?

id say more grip than slides. will keep some cheaper tires on another set of wheels for side ways fun :)

2 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

id say more grip than slides. will keep some cheaper tires on another set of wheels for side ways fun :)

Then it sounds like PS4's would definitely be the answer for you. I have the PS4's and the Cup 2's. I haven't done any objective tests but on feel alone I'd say the PS4's have about 80% of the grip in the dry of the Cup 2's and way more grip in the wet. For a road tyre compared to a more track focused tyre the dry grip is just crazy!

Just now, Deacon said:

Then it sounds like PS4's would definitely be the answer for you. I have the PS4's and the Cup 2's. I haven't done any objective tests but on feel alone I'd say the PS4's have about 80% of the grip in the dry of the Cup 2's and way more grip in the wet. For a road tyre compared to a more track focused tyre the dry grip is just crazy!

I am leaning more toward PS4s, it is about 20 pounds more per corner but i think they worth it ;)

15 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

I am leaning more toward PS4s, it is about 20 pounds more per corner but i think they worth it ;)

If it's only £20 then it's a no brainer for me!  Bet they'd last longer than the V105s too. 

23 minutes ago, TTR said:

If it's only £20 then it's a no brainer for me!  Bet they'd last longer than the V105s too. 

My v105's didn't last as long as I hoped but can't say how well the PS4'S last yet

Depends what you want as in grip or slidy fun, the V105 is a budget tyre with decent performance and ive run them on a couple of cars now, Michelins are a premium tyre so offer better grip everywhere but you pay the extra for it, ive found the V105 is a decent allrounder for the money and allow nice progressive slides if you so wish which adds to the fun, however if grip is what you want then as other have said PS4 is far superior tyre, be aware though too much grip can make a car boring after awhile :)

I have a similar question. I guess this answers it. I was looking at R888R's but they would be rubbish in the wet. Looks like I am getting PS4's