Keethos

TSS Round 5 Cadwell Park Sun 1st October

On 16/09/2017 at 11:39 PM, Innersphere said:

I can't stay away! :rolleyes:

Been looking for onboard video in an 86 showing gears and speeds for corners and haven't found one in an NA car, so some ideas on corners, speeds and gears to be in would be a very useful start :)

The last time we did a sprint there and the track day a number of us did before was wet, so it's harder to say, I've done lots of laps and raced an RX8 there many, many years ago. The trouble is, it might not bode well for you if I give you a range of speeds into corners and some will be guesses as I tend to focus more on the gears. For example if it's dry Coppice is no more than 110mph on the turn in (that's in an RX8 though), this will see you at the very top of fourth or into 5th albeit briefly. 

Charlies will be third, then Chris Curve is 3rd. You should see 110mph down the Park straight before it. Chris Curve is 3rd. Gooseneck is third. Mansfield 2nd or 3rd depending upon how you drive it. 

Given it's a sprint, the Hall bends will be 2nd and so will the hairpin. Barn is 2nd or third, again depending upon how you drive it. 

Thanks Lauren :-)

I will obviously need to work it out for myself, and my car will be different, grip, chassis, corner speeds etc etc, but just trying to get a benchmark as to what's possible in wet and dry so I can work out if another 5mph is achievable or potentially insane :huh:

Gears are a good place to start, even if they give a bit of a range - it will usually be in the top end of the revs :)

i am still getting to know mine anyway, so all good fun!

Why would the gearing change for Hall bends because it's a sprint?

9 hours ago, Innersphere said:

Why would the gearing change for Hall bends because it's a sprint?

It will change because you have a standing start into them, so you won't be going as quick. It would normally be third but you will be still accelerating. Mike has a point, maybe we do get to third by the time we're into them. I can't remember. 

Don't listen to Kev, he's got a shorter final drive so is always a gear higher. :P

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

It will change because you have a standing start into them, so you won't be going as quick. It would normally be third but you will be still accelerating. Mike has a point, maybe we do get to third by the time we're into them. I can't remember. 

Don't listen to Kev, he's got a shorter final drive so is always a gear higher. :P

Not for Cadwell :D

52 minutes ago, Steeps said:

N1 looking a bit empty, are people booked on and the list not updated? Only 1hr left for cheap booking.

Think it's updated list time

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

A little bit thin, yes. No Thomas for this round which does suprise me. Or Mike. :o

I guess this will be the dropped round for Thomas.

2 hours ago, KevinA said:

I guess this will be the dropped round for Thomas.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but as he hasn't driven it before, he's going to have his work cut out. Edit, I see Thomas is now on the list! 

On 12/09/2017 at 9:30 AM, Innersphere said:

Thanks Lauren, I have emailed Adrian, so hopefully all good and I will see some people there!  I look forward to being schooled ;-)

Hi Innersphere - its my first time at Cadwell too (I did Kendrew earlier in the year and got bitten by the bug!!) but still consider myself a newbie and I just plan to take it easy and just try to reduce my time over the day rather than beating anyone else's time - so welcome to the newbie club :)