Sign in to follow this  
Delirious_

Aero Lurker...un-lurking...

Evening guys, I've actually had my 86 for a year now (her first service getting done tomorrow)... but have never actually introduced myself here before :ph34r:

I'm John, originally from Scotland, but moved to sunny Norfolk 3 years ago for work... I'm a design engineer, working in the wonderful world of automotive.

Here's a couple of pics of my 86 Aero on my North Coast road trip last year... :wub:

016BE-NONP.thumb.jpg.3f4c86407aa65a47fcf6512a80847f1e.jpg

018E-NONP.thumb.jpg.30c3abc6032cda376fbf35822777caab.jpg

Welcome along Delirious_ The car's a beaut! Invited you to that East drivers whatsapp group too (pm).

How do you like it here? The roads and scenery of Norfolk are a bit of a downgrade from Scotland sadly :(.

I've a Silver '86 AT with an AVO Stage 3 Turbo conversion, fitted by Fensport last week. Yet to post about it, but i'm very happy with the result B).

8 hours ago, Tim86 said:

Welcome along Delirious_ The car's a beaut! Invited you to that East drivers whatsapp group too (pm).

How do you like it here? The roads and scenery of Norfolk are a bit of a downgrade from Scotland sadly :(.

I've a Silver '86 AT with an AVO Stage 3 Turbo conversion, fitted by Fensport last week. Yet to post about it, but i'm very happy with the result B).

Very nice, I do remember seeing a silver 86 at Thickthorn a couple of months ago, maybe it was you?

I'm still not sure about modding mine tbh. I don't think I'd go FI for a while, if ever really, as it's such a huge expense. You'll need to keep me posted on how the AVO kit is though :)

17 hours ago, Delirious_ said:

Very nice, I do remember seeing a silver 86 at Thickthorn a couple of months ago, maybe it was you?

I'm still not sure about modding mine tbh. I don't think I'd go FI for a while, if ever really, as it's such a huge expense. You'll need to keep me posted on how the AVO kit is though :)

More than likely, i haven't seen any other Silvers around here. Black, White and Red. Once saw a ginger in North Norfolk. Usually see 3 or 4 a year around these parts. Always a head turner B).

I actually found a used stage 3 kit for 2k(!). It was either that or trade up for a used Cayman, but i wanted to keep the optional back seats and really couldn't bring myself to part with such a cult car. Seeing as you're local I'd be happy to offer you a passenger ride any time.

PM me your mobile if you like, there's 9 or 10 in the East whatsapp group now. Plenty of people in the area to get to know!

5 hours ago, Tim86 said:

More than likely, i haven't seen any other Silvers around here. Black, White and Red. Once saw a ginger in North Norfolk. Usually see 3 or 4 a year around these parts. Always a head turner B).

I actually found a used stage 3 kit for 2k(!). It was either that or trade up for a used Cayman, but i wanted to keep the optional back seats and really couldn't bring myself to part with such a cult car. Seeing as you're local I'd be happy to offer you a passenger ride any time.

PM me your mobile if you like, there's 9 or 10 in the East whatsapp group now. Plenty of people in the area to get to know!

Yeah, I never see too many tbh. I've seen 1 other aero in the whole year I've had mine B)

Ah, nice one. I did actually see that kit come up... it was in Ireland, right? Was a good deal. My dream is a Cosworth kit to come up second hand I think haha... Although my opinions on FI change almost daily tbh.

Sent you a whatsapp btw.

3 hours ago, Delirious_ said:

Yeah, I never see too many tbh. I've seen 1 other aero in the whole year I've had mine B)

Ah, nice one. I did actually see that kit come up... it was in Ireland, right? Was a good deal. My dream is a Cosworth kit to come up second hand I think haha... Although my opinions on FI change almost daily tbh.

Sent you a whatsapp btw.

The Coworth kit is most certainly one of the most desirable kits isn't it, due to the r&d that goes into their stuff. AVO was top of my turbo list due to the way it's mounted/set up in comparison to the others. And the fact that Fensport have fitted over 40 of these now. Gives you piece of mind

2 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

Welcome.

Can I just ask where you got hold of that rear diffuser..... is it one of those eBay ones? Looks decent.

It's part of the factory aero kit :)