Sign in to follow this  
S18 RSG

Thanks Rich and the team

It's not like @Riceburner and his guys need any more praise from members of this forum, but after my first experience using them this week, I have to say a huge thanks.

My car went in Monday with an unusual and very hard to diagnose problem. Richard and Gary spent most of the week trying to find the cause of the fault, which they eventually found towards the end of the week. 

The guys worked hard to get my car fixed in time for Japfest, not only with the diagnosed fault, but also carried out warranty work and recall work that I wasn't even aware of, and certainly didn't ask for. All completed in time for the weekend.

The drive home made me fall back in love with the car again. Not only was the fault gone, but the car felt better than it's ever felt before.

A 300 mile round trip sounds like a lot, but I will never hesitate to make the journey again, as the service and quality of work is second to none, not just in the automotive world, but anywhere.

Huge thanks again for your hard work this week. I owe you many pints this weekend @Riceburner.

11 minutes ago, knightryder said:

What were the symptoms?

Car felt very sluggish off boost, boost was coming in almost like an on/off switch. Lumpy idle, engine would almost "search" for its zero point (650rpm) but couldn't find it. On 3 separate occasions the car stalled when stopped at a junction in gear with the clutch fully engaged.

9 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

How come you didn't take it to TD? (No offence to RRG, it's just they fitted the turbo and tuned it right?)

It was a potential manufacturer defect, as I found information relating to the fault in Toyota's website. TD have my car for anything relating to aftermarket, but RRG for anything manufacturer related