Ulphy86

Newbie in Essex

Hi All, I have been a forum lurker for a while and have wanted a GT86 for years. I finally picked her up a couple of weeks ago and am loving it so far. Look forward to seeing some of you in the future! 😊

20170416_124729.jpg

I am in Thurrock  nikndel :)

Plans wise, One of the first big things I want to do is upgrade the stereo, I had an Pioneer setup in the last one (Hyundai i10) and I miss it a bit even though the rest of the car is such an upgrade :D

I also quite like the idea of blacking out the wheels and badges (again something i had done before) But I would use a similar product to plasti dip, it's cheaper if you change your mind!

I am limited to mainly cosmetic stuff at the moment as the insurance company have been a bit iffy with any engine mods. But I am changing them at the end of the month so you never know :)

hah. I'll keep my eyes out. I only use the BRZ at the weekend (normally for trips to retail park or shopping) or when I drive to the office (work from home). The rest of the time it is in the garage and I use the Dodge Journey.

Ah that makes sense. I do love that colour, the one to have on the BRZ. Though that Hyper Blue they have in the other markets is nice, possibly a bit bold for the UK :)

Welcome to the club! Quite a few of us 'active' in Essex.

There will be an '86 meet not too far from you soon so keep an eye out ;)

Also, if you're stuck for something to do on Sunday morning there is a 'Cars & Coffee' meet at the Museum of Power in Maldon which I should be at and I'm guessing there is a good chance of @nikndel and @Leevsfortyone being there too :)

1 minute ago, Ulphy86 said:

That sounds good! Is that a particular Sunday every month? 

Next one is this Sunday I think but I'm working and have no bunking off time left😢

2 hours ago, Ztox said:

Welcome to the club! Quite a few of us 'active' in Essex.

There will be an '86 meet not too far from you soon so keep an eye out ;)

Also, if you're stuck for something to do on Sunday morning there is a 'Cars & Coffee' meet at the Museum of Power in Maldon which I should be at and I'm guessing there is a good chance of @nikndel and @Leevsfortyone being there too :)

59 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Next one is this Sunday I think but I'm working and have no bunking off time left😢

Ah, finally worked out the quote thing :) 

That's a shame, I will try and make it down, will see if Dad fancy's a run out in the MR2 as well :)

3 minutes ago, Ulphy86 said:

Ah, finally worked out the quote thing :) 

That's a shame, I will try and make it down, will see if Dad fancy's a run out in the MR2 as well :)

Dan and Lee normally go depending on other commitments

Not good enough @nikndel haha.

Yes I should be there, I believe they are the 3rd Sunday of every month. I'm only down the road from it in Witham so always go unless I'm away.

1 hour ago, Ztox said:

Not good enough @nikndel haha.

Yes I should be there, I believe they are the 3rd Sunday of every month. I'm only down the road from it in Witham so always go unless I'm away.

I'm saving up for the Matsuri gig

4 hours ago, rob275 said:

Welcome to the club :) Not quite the right colour car, but at least it's not ginger.

I was very close to getting a white one but the thought golf having black on black drew me in the end 😊