Nelix

Hello from central Scotland

Hi to all, got my GT86 Aero a few months ago. Traded in a Mrk3 MR2 for it after owning it for 10 years, my second. Previously also owned a Mrk1. Loved the roadster but it was getting old and on a bit in mileage, when I decided to change I very quickly narrowed it down to just the GT86.

Have a 41 mile commute to and from work which is 95% motorway, so not really had a chance to play with the car yet, though have a night away in Inverness to look forward to in a few weeks.

Love the car so far, even my commute is fun. Will always be a biker at heart though, ridden bikes for over 36 years now.

Car on the day I picked it up.

fullsizeoutput_1024.thumb.jpeg.75b1a9e48c505d40244927e388e46717.jpeg

Outside my work.

fullsizeoutput_1030.thumb.jpeg.19b7e95c87c98e7e358f77d46904684c.jpeg

With my VFR800

fullsizeoutput_12b5.thumb.jpeg.63d63cfb4042f7bb732f2ae667b14cc0.jpeg

Thanks for the welcome. Will keep an eye out for meets as would be good to have a chat. My Mk1 MR2 was white but nothing else has been until the VFR and 86. TBH, never thought I would buy a white bike, but having the luxury of buying new and having seen all 3 colours in the flesh, the white imho was by far the nicest.

The 86 being used was bought on mileage/condition/spec etc. Really wanted an Aero (though I do wish the spolier was a tad more reticent), but would have considered non aeros also. First car I looked at was black, which I expected to like but left me cold. To be fair I don't think it was well presented and I have seen some fantastic pics of black 86's.

I did mod the MR2 roadster quite a bit, but cosmetics apart from lowering springs, simply because having access to a bike I'm not really bothered about a cars outright performance, more how it handles.