Dave G

Windscreen glare

Just joined so apologies if this topic has been exhausted earlier. In the sun the glare in the windscreen of my GT86 above the instruments is terrible. Never had a problem this bad in my previous cars. Reading all the posts, Mats seem to be mostly in the USA. Sprays can cause damage. Sticking on fibers takes a long time and is possibly not reversible. Polaroid glasses are recommended.
Has anybody found a easy, simple, reversible, non-damaging solution?   

A lot of people change the instrument binnacle for one with an alcantara covering as per the MY 2017 car. Or, I find polarised sunglasses mean there is no reflection. I think it's also when people sit high it's worse, though I guess you can't help that if you are tall. 

At a mere 166cm (5'5") I've never had an issue. I always wear polarised sunglasses though and that means no reflection or glare. 

On windscreen glare from part above instrument dash? Try fitting some alcantara trimmed piece there instead. IIRC there were some in aftermarket and maybe also OEM from never models. I once thought about it, but maybe because used to that, but don't notice anymore, so skipping purchase.

EDIT

LOL, i should reload before posting :)

I've got the alcantara covered binnacle - it doesn't remove glare entirely but it matches the rest of the glare so you don't actually notice it. I've got the seat as low as possible as well :(

23 hours ago, Mike said:

I've got the alcantara covered binnacle - it doesn't remove glare entirely but it matches the rest of the glare so you don't actually notice it. I've got the seat as low as possible as well :(

That sounds perfect, do you have a link to any?

thanks

2 hours ago, Stutopia said:

That sounds perfect, do you have a link to any?

thanks

I'd have to look, but I think the place I got mine from is no longer in business. All you'd need to do is source a new binnacle (either from Toyota, or eBay or somewhere) and get someone to stick some alcantara over it, shouldn't cost much.