Deacon

Japanese brands exhausts sounds videos

Came across these videos on YouTube which I thought may be of use to people when deciding what they want from an exhaust in terms of sound and style and also for people who may be considering any of these specific exhausts.

Part 1. This probably has my two favorites for sound in it - the HKS Legamax Sports and the Zele (although that's mostly because I just really like the Zeal car)

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

The Syms exhaust would be my choice out of all of those, sounds like its got the perfect volume balance.

On the flip slide, that TommyKaira is insane, and the power that thing must be making :D

Also I know I shouldn't but I really like the Trial spoiler, I'm now imagining what it'd look like blended into the boot.

19 minutes ago, will300 said:

The Syms exhaust would be my choice out of all of those, sounds like its got the perfect volume balance.

On the flip slide, that TommyKaira is insane, and the power that thing must be making :D

Also I know I shouldn't but I really like the Trial spoiler, I'm now imagining what it'd look like blended into the boot.

Which video is the syms one on?

The Tommy Kaira is a bonkers noise! And the Trial spoiler is like "would sir like some spoiler with your spoiler?" 😂

Just now, Deacon said:

Which video is the syms one on?

The Tommy Kaira is a bonkers noise! And the Trial spoiler is like "would sir like some spoiler with your spoiler?" 😂

Syms - Part 2 @ 5:50

2 hours ago, AJ124 said:

Thanks for posting @Deacon

I have been trying to find the rough db output for a Hipower Spec L with a catless uel and high flow catted front pipe. 

I can't find anything combined with the other parts but the spec L is 90db with carbon tips and 92 or 94db with titanium tips.

I'll post up some readings with the manifold and carbon tips spec L when I've got mine fitted 👍

Nice thanks. I will be watching this all night now, more decisions/choices. 

Now all I need is some very handy person to translate for me :) 

Edit: Are these all catbacks or full systems? I think some must be full systems, I can't see catbacks making such a huge difference in sound?

Also this is volume 2, so there is a volume 1 out there somewhere :) 

Thanks. 

I like the avo one, very loud though. Is that the same avo catback that can be found on websites here in the UK? Although just noticed fensport only do the full exhaust now. 

R Magic is nice too. 

19 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Thanks. 

I like the avo one, very loud though. Is that the same avo catback that can be found on websites here in the UK? Although just noticed fensport only do the full exhaust now. 

R Magic is nice too. 

@will300 has the avo one 

Is the M7 loud, from what I remember is it looked similar to invidia N1 which is a loud deep noise. 

@will300 is yours a turbo? How is it? I am tempted by it, one of a few on my shortlist. Need to find a retailer that sells just the catback... At a reasonable price. 

@Cerastes no mine isn't turboed (yet) I've also got an aftermarket exhaust manifold so that changes the sound. Its good, i'd say it has a different sound to the others. Would I buy another one, no I'd go custom in future. On that note if your interested I will sell it. I got it from Fensport for around £700 I think. 

There is a small video here:

11 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Is the M7 loud, from what I remember is it looked similar to invidia N1 which is a loud deep noise. 

@will300 is yours a turbo? How is it? I am tempted by it, one of a few on my shortlist. Need to find a retailer that sells just the catback... At a reasonable price. 

Yes, yes it is. Although I have no cats and a supercharger so that amplifies it a little ;)

It's also, about to be for sale - if anyone's interested.