Lauren

TSS Round 1 Blyton Park Sunday 2nd April

First sprint of the season is the outer circuit at Blyton Park. 

Premier Inn will be Scunthorpe. I would expect to be in the bar for around 2pm on the Saturday. See you there. :)

I expect it needs adding to the calendar but I admit, I don't know how to work it. 

1. Lauren

Room at PI Scunthorpe booked £50 at the moment. There's a McDonald's just round the corner for brekkie. 

Scunthorpe

Gadwall Way, Lakside Parkway, Lakeside Retail Park, ... , DN16 3UA

Got bored earlier so looked at the lap & sector times for those quicker than me, didn't take long in the end as everyone exception Lauren did their quickest time on run 6.

Driver Sector Lap
Lauren 31.00 1'15.92
Tomas 30.37 1'15.97
Tim 31.26 1'16.61
Kev 30.86 1'16.83
Neal 31.66 1'17.81
Mike 31.89 1'17.94

For those that know Blyton, the sector time was at the 3 marker board before the wiggler. 

Quite interesting to see the difference between Tomas & Lauren's sector time despite posting an almost identical lap time. I obviously was a bit rubbish in the first part of the lap but not too bad in the rest of it!

Interesting. It is the second half of the lap that is more technical to a point though, well it's faster. I don't lift at all all the way out of the Ump to the Wiggler. I'm guessing through Bunga Bunga and Port Froid is where I make my gains as I always have a slight drift out of Port Froid. 

I think my 6th run would have been my quickest if I hadn't got into a huge drift out of Port Froid and run very wide. I caught it, just! 

Awesome day. Never driven croft so that should be interesting.  

@Lauren. For your curiosity Kumho have said they don't have the tread wear rating for the ps71s available when I asked but will find it for me.  They did say that a quick search online shows the ps71s have a better economy rating so they believe its a harder compound tyre. 

I will get the official figures 

Photos are currently uploading. Changed hosting over the winter for the files (yay Microsoft Cloud!)... which isn't compatible with the auto download system I had on the site so once again having to manually email links out. Would have been up yesterday but having to strip the kitchen out at home due to building works.

http://sprintseries.dansteeples.co.uk/2017-sprint-series/1-blyton-park/toyota.html

9 hours ago, GT86Bob said:

Good to meet you all on Sunday and thanks for being so welcoming. Here are a few pics and a few words - https://beambreaking.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/blyton-3/

All the Best,

Bob

Good write up Bob, I was at Anglesey on sat and was talking to John Wadsworth in an MX5 who said he liked the '86. He was also telling me about his days in Mini's in the 60's. He was 80 on sunday and was all over the country doing sprinting or autosolo's great for an 80 year old !

On 04/04/2017 at 10:14 PM, GT86Bob said:

Good to meet you all on Sunday and thanks for being so welcoming. Here are a few pics and a few words - https://beambreaking.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/blyton-3/

All the Best,

Bob

Haha nice read. You got a trophy too, just for being the only one in class. If you attend them all you will win your class and have 6 trophies :lol:

54 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Haha nice read. You got a trophy too, just for being the only one in class. If you attend them all you will win your class and have 6 trophies :lol:

Not quite, he's got a competitor in his class for the next round. They were in the wrong class for Blyton and should have been in N2 really, so Bob has his work cut out for the next round!