TTR

TTR's San Remo BRZ

I wondered what the hell you was on about on facebook when you said about the toms for your new car, I may have a US spec set lying around (that I've yet to convert to uk) :P

12 hours ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

That's awesome. You should keep the BRZ to become the forum's ultimate keeno. 

Can't wait to get a photo of them together haha. 

1 hour ago, TTR said:

So, I suppose there'd be not much point in me keeping the BRZ right? Swap the Ohlins onto the track car and daily that :lol:

If I turned my 86 in to a track/weekend beast, I would get a fiesta ST or a DS3 to daily. They are comfy, economical, but still with enough poke to go quick (and overtake) when running late.

1 hour ago, TTR said:

So, I suppose there'd be not much point in me keeping the BRZ right? Swap the Ohlins onto the track car and daily that :lol:

Think you will find your new toy is set up rather well, tbh don't think the Ohlins would make a huge difference. Now you can really practice catching oversteer :)

36 minutes ago, KevinA said:

Think you will find your new toy is set up rather well, tbh don't think the Ohlins would make a huge difference. Now you can really practice catching oversteer :)

I think I had a fair handle on catching oversteer previous to owning Stans track weapon, but I'm definitely looking forward to catching some Turbo skids :D

Ohlins will definitely help with comfort though! Not that I'm planning to daily, but if I can keep the same track performance and add comfort, why not! 

So, i'm at a bit of a quandary when it comes to what i'm doing with the BRZ. It holds a lot of sentimental value to me being basically my first car, but after driving the track 86 is does make the car feel a little flat when it comes to power. Inevitable I suppose! Having said that, the BRZ is a lot less intense than the 86 and is still incredibly fun to drive, despite being in basically stock form apart from the brake pads and the tyres. I wouldn't actually say the Turbo on the 86 has made the car anymore fun to drive on the road (not driven the 86 on road tyres yet though), but obviously in terms of outright speed and pace around a track, there's just no comparison.

So, the question I suppose is....Do I buy some Flex A's, Some nice wheels and exhaust/manifold and just keep the car as a daily? Or is it just plain dumb to have a BRZ and an 86 (despite them having completely different personalities) and get a 370Z or something barge-esque to daily? 

Anyone that's gone from a bigger car (370Z/M3/350Z etc) to a BRZ/86 and vice versa, would really appreciate your opinion :) 

32 minutes ago, TTR said:

So, i'm at a bit of a quandary when it comes to what i'm doing with the BRZ. It holds a lot of sentimental value to me being basically my first car, but after driving the track 86 is does make the car feel a little flat when it comes to power. Inevitable I suppose! Having said that, the BRZ is a lot less intense than the 86 and is still incredibly fun to drive, despite being in basically stock form apart from the brake pads and the tyres. I wouldn't actually say the Turbo on the 86 has made the car anymore fun to drive on the road (not driven the 86 on road tyres yet though), but obviously in terms of outright speed and pace around a track, there's just no comparison.

So, the question I suppose is....Do I buy some Flex A's, Some nice wheels and exhaust/manifold and just keep the car as a daily? Or is it just plain dumb to have a BRZ and an 86 (despite them having completely different personalities) and get a 370Z or something barge-esque to daily? 

Anyone that's gone from a bigger car (370Z/M3/350Z etc) to a BRZ/86 and vice versa, would really appreciate your opinion :) 

Something that can tow a trailer for the 86 ;)

The track car is road legal so no reason not to drive it on the road. Taking a car on a trailer is a bind, (been there done that), it's zero fun. I reckon at present keep the BRZ and enjoy the 86. When the 86 breaks you still have a decent car to drive. Sorted. It's important to keep true to the cause too. :) 

I had a 350z before my 86, I would say they have more of a muscle car feel - heavy and lazy by comparison, lots of low down torque. Pulled like a train and sounded awesome which I miss but I find the 86 far more fun and has that extra bit of refinement.