Knighty

Adjustable rear control arms

2 hours ago, Knighty said: But this makes me wonder. What sort of difference in camber would you have on the rear compared to the front if you were to stick with stock rear arms on say a 35-40mm drop? Anyone have an idea?

Depends what camber you put up the front 

Because of my wheel fitment I wanted a couple of degrees on the rear to bring the wheels into the arches, plus I just couldn't handle them being different/not properly done. I viewed LCAs as a must buy with the coilovers.

Not sure about the holes off the top of my head but if that's where the adjuster attaches then they must do because I have the Cusco adjuster fitted...

Left out the most crucial information really didn't I? .

The wheels going on will be an 18 x 8.5 et35. So by my reckoning they will need camber to tuck them into the arch a little bit, but probably not so much as your setup, which is an 18 x 9.5 et 38 right?

I would probably say I'd be looking to run 2 degrees maximum at the front. Probably the same on the rear.

I'm just starting to wonder now whether the amount of extra camber on the rear of the car with that sort of drop could be combatted by offset bushes like Lauren has...

10 minutes ago, Knighty said:

I'm just starting to wonder now whether the amount of extra camber on the rear of the car with that sort of drop could be combatted by offset bushes like Lauren has...

Easily. It's what I've done. Just don't get the bushes like Lauren has as they can only be adjusted off the car. Get the whiteline ones which are on car adjustable.

10 minutes ago, Knighty said:  

Easily. It's what I've done. Just don't get the bushes like Lauren has as they can only be adjusted off the car. Get the whiteline ones which are on car adjustable.

Thanks deacon, are these the ones

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/whiteline-rear-camber-kit-215.html#.WHXpmpmnzqA

This could be a serious option for me...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Thanks deacon, are these the ones

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/whiteline-rear-camber-kit-215.html#.WHXpmpmnzqA

This could be a serious option for me...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes they are. 

Just be aware that they are a more involved install than a set of arms but they do have the added bonus of taking out some of the slop from the standard rubber bushes and I didn't notice any increase in nvh when I had these fitted and non of the other bushes I have now.

I had the car at 60mm lower than stock at one point and they were still good enough to adjust the camber to where I wanted it.

13 hours ago, Knighty said:

IBut this makes me wonder. What sort of difference in camber would you have on the rear compared to the front if you were to stick with stock rear arms on say a 35-40mm drop? Anyone have an idea?

My rear camber was -1°65' left and -2°35' right when lowered 20mm. So you'll probably get 2-3 degrees of camber from lowering on stock arms.

I've been considering LCAs, to even things out and reduce rear camber a little. The SPC ones seem hard to beat at the price.

3 hours ago, Ztox said:

You could definitely use the offset bushes instead if you want.

This is what I've done for three years having had three or four alignments done. Yes they are a PITA to adjust, but really once set, it's fine.