MikeB

Milltek weld cracked

Flexi section is in my Milltek and weld still cracked. Pictures are being sent to Milltek by Litchfield for replacement as flexi section was supposed to of sorted cracking problem.

@CGR, I suspect he'd prefer a warranty replacement, unless you're offering one for free? ;)

That's not good, Mike. I'm wondering how long my fourth replacement will last! Milltek= never again. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

@CGR, I suspect he'd prefer a warranty replacement, unless you're offering one for free? ;)

That's not good, Mike. I'm wondering how long my fourth replacement will last! Milltek= never again. 

Was just suggesting an alternative to replacing a failed part with one that will more than likely fail again B) I would give it a way for free, to the person who is kind enough to gift me £1078 :D

Get a full refund off Milltek. Fuck them, they initially said they wanted mine back for a full material analysis. They never bothered asking for it back so I sold it on broken for someone to fix and got a refund and went to cgr. 

They literally deserve no custom quite frankly.

I will be following this up with them on Monday as understand person who deals with this Is back from holiday.

If I do manage a refund I will put Tuning Develpoments system on to match there manifold.

I agree that it's not right that they are still cracking and would be instresting to see how many have been changed.

22 hours ago, Mike said:

Are you going for a refund then Mike?

Did you go EL or UEL manifold btw? and was your Milltek catback or full system?

I will as not heard anything today and will follow up tomorrow as did not get chance with meetings.

I went for EL manifold and really pleased with results as another 25bhp with 35lbft torque at 4000 rpm and 10bhp at top end.

@Mike@TD.co.ukremapped to suit autobox and handcontrols, plus map for track and Toyota standard map. 

I have full system including overpipe.

@MikeI spoke to Milltek today and they are aware of welds still cracking on the flexible pipe systems.

All the new ones will still have the flexi joint and will also have an extra strengthening bracket. Since all the issues they have there own GT to run systems on and tested the 'new improved' system.

I will let you know how get on when new system is fitted.

8 hours ago, maurice said:

Why do no other exhaust manufacturers need these flexi sections and reinforcing braces?

Poor design basically, the join at the back box (where it cracks) isn't strong enough 

On 09/01/2017 at 8:17 PM, MikeB said:

I will as not heard anything today and will follow up tomorrow as did not get chance with meetings.

I went for EL manifold and really pleased with results as another 25bhp with 35lbft torque at 4000 rpm and 10bhp at top end.

@Mike@TD.co.ukremapped to suit autobox and handcontrols, plus map for track and Toyota standard map. 

I have full system including overpipe.

Hi Mike

Have you encountered any problems with your autobox?

Spec K

12 hours ago, Special K said:

Hi Mike

Have you encountered any problems with your autobox?

Spec K

No problems and working fine. Mike at TD was really impressed with box and I will be popping up to see him again as he wanted another play.

Exhaust back box has been changed and no extra brackets but beefed up welds. 

If it cracks again will be following up refund which I discussed with parts guy at Litchfield. Seems they have had trouble dealing with Milltek but issues have been resolved.