S18 RSG

Carbon Parts and Design Advice

Hi all,

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, as well as some good timing, at the end of the month I will be collecting a new carbon fibre bonnet. As I've never really considered incorporating carbon parts aesthetically, I don't have a particularly great catalogue of ideas when it comes to some small, aesthetic compliments to go with the carbon theme, so thought I'd look to some of you for ideas.

To get the inevitable question out of the way beforehand: the "unfortunate circumstance" relates to inheriting a rather nasty dent in the bonnet, which when coupled with the thousand or so stone chips (a fair few of which are very bad), quite a few deep scratches, and the poor touch up job on old stonechips by previous owner (in what seems to be a very different colour red), the stock bonnet is a real eyesore on an otherwise rather well kept car.

I had looked into prices for a replacement stock bonnet, and also bodywork and paint on the existing, but prices just didn't seem to make viable sense, and when a carbon part came up for sale for just a few hundred pounds more than the other two options, it seemed like a solid choice.

So what I'm asking for is, if any of you have any particular ideas relating to carbon bits that may work well, or any suppliers/manufacturers who may be of interest, I'd love to hear them. Also, if any of you have any carbon bits that you might want rid of, I may also be interested.

FYI; I'm not talking about carbon fenders, doors, bumpers, roofs etc, I just mean small things such as the fender garnish, mirror caps and so on. Also, I am considering, at some point in the future, having the bonnet painted body colour, leaving just the vents carbon, which is something I've seen discussed in the past. In case any of you suggest that, it's already a major consideration :)

Thanks in advance.
Ross

Out of interest did you buy the Varis-style one from Tarmac?

Personally I'd start small, wing mirror covers (or just a wrap) works well, as does the roof. Maybe a carbon wing or spoiler?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Personally I'd start small, wing mirror covers (or just a wrap) works well, as does the roof. Maybe a carbon wing or spoiler?

Big black carbon wang is the way to go

5 hours ago, will300 said:

You still got the Splitter Ross?

Yeah still got it. Was debating getting all the lips wrapped or something, but might just wait and get the APR real carbon lip

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah, that's the one. Worked out a good deal with Chris.

I kinda want a carbon wing, just not sure what to go for. A Sard LSR has always been a favourite, but if I remove the stock wing, I'll have to get a new bootlid or have all the holes filled, not sure I want that much hassle.

37 minutes ago, Deacon said:

A carbon theme running down the centre would look good - lip, bonnet, roof (wrap) and ducktail spoiler maybe? 

Don't suppose you wanna sell your Legsport spoiler? :P If I was to buy a ducktail, yours is the one I want, however I'm really thinking TRD spoiler and a carbon Sard LSR at the moment. I love that combo.

12 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Don't suppose you wanna sell your Legsport spoiler? :P If I was to buy a ducktail, yours is the one I want, however I'm really thinking TRD spoiler and a carbon Sard LSR at the moment. I love that combo.

If i change the car I'll give you first dibs 👍

We can get a fair amount of carbon bits large and small.

Feel free to check out the website: www.carbongoodies.co.uk

We have just released a couple of new products from Promethean AD which I listed on the website last night. I've also listed them on our trader page on here too.

Cheers

Rick