KevinA

TSS 2017

As title really, a few of us were discussing the 2017 season in terms of venues and the entries etc...

This is of course if the current sponsors / organisers  (Fensport RRG ) are intending  to carry on with the series. Are there any plans for 2017 as yet, and yes of course this year is still underway ;)

I'd like a focus on the decent tracks and more of them. I really like Blyton Park, but I could lose the second round there and look for somewhere else. Mallory could perhaps be an option? 

I would love to go to Donny and I would also like to see Cadwell Park in the calendar again. If it pushes the prices up a bit, I'd happily pay the money. After three years at Woodbridge, the route we did back in 2014, was alright, but the curtailed current layout for this year and last is poor with not a decent corner in there. Such a shame really, but I think there needs to be something to replace it. 

Venues I'd like to see:

Cadwell Park

Donington Park

Pembrey (could be an option, it's a good little track)

Oulton Park (even the Fosters layout is good due to Knickerbrook). 

Mallory Park (not the best track in the world, but it does have the ever so ballsy Gerrards). 

Castle Combe? It's a privately owned track, which is very quick. 

I'm with Lauren, real shame that we couldn't get Cadwell this year again but did enjoy Anglesey so keen to go there again.  Also good shout on Mallory, mainly because it's close by :P

I would definitely be up for Combe if we could get that, although I'm hoping to be able to attend a few of the more local rounds next year, work schedule permitting.

It would be nice if motorcycle helmets were permitted. As far as i can make out they are not allowed in TSS but are ok in the Javelin Sprint Series.

I appreciate the reasoning but seems a bit odd my Arai is against the rules whereas a £25-off-Alibaba open face SNELL is ok.

13 minutes ago, maurice said:

It would be nice if motorcycle helmets were permitted. As far as i can make out they are not allowed in TSS but are ok in the Javelin Sprint Series.

I appreciate the reasoning but seems a bit odd my Arai is against the rules whereas a £25-off-Alibaba open face SNELL is ok.

They are impact tested differently is the main reason

Yeah I read on the SNELL site car helmets are multiple-impact tested against a roll cage whereas bike ones aren't, and they have the fire retardant lining.

That said, I'd struggle to believe a $30 a piece lid - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Snell-2015-helmet_421690324.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.7lrmsL - would be that much safer on a sprint than a mint Arai.

I don't want to go off topic so will leave it there :)