rob275

Essex Evening Meet - Friday 8th - Dick Turpin

Hi All,

I've heard @iddrew is over again from Malta (Sorry I was meant to post this up last week i've just been so ill I haven't been about really)

So we will meet for some grub and a chat this Friday if anyone is free and wants to join us. 

Date/Time: Friday 8th 6:30pm

Anyone interested? :) 

1. rob275

2. Leevsfortyone

3. nikndel

4. Ztox

5. Special K

6. iddrew

7. Steeps

Arh maaaan...what the....why this Friday? It bad enough I have to get up mega early for Saturday to make Tuner Fest....I would have wondered down otherwise :(

1 minute ago, Keethos said:

Arh maaaan...what the....why this Friday? It bad enough I have to get up mega early for Saturday to make Tuner Fest....I would have wondered down otherwise :(

He's only here from 6th-9th hence this friday.

Hi all,

Yes, I will be bringing Andrew down.

Dick Turpin serves better food than the Halfway House, in my opinion - and is only an extra 10-15 minutes nearer Southend on the A127.

Warning - you come to it all of a sudden, trees obscure its signage  - if in doubt look it up on Google Maps.

Well done, Dan.

Andrew and I may be a bit late as well - there are major road works ( at Gallows Corner on A127, it's before the M25 turnoff so it won't affect you, Rob and Dan) and the alternate route takes ages . . also Andrew cannot get away/ meet me at Liverpool Street Station until 5.30pm . .

Don't drink the place dry before we get there, please . .

Spec K

Got there eventually, didn't want to risk the m25 on a Friday evening... but the country road I was on contained an upside down car which added a 20min diversion. Standard of food was good considering it's a large chain. Photos because I got told off last time I didn't bring a camera to a meet:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Lee - shame to miss you as I was hopeful to see/show  your Cossie install to Andrew. Rob, hope your car is better soon. Good that Dan made it despite his road diversion

A good meet although only a few of us. Ztox brought his other half with him which made six of us and then tried to deafen us all in the car park . . as Andrew had never tried an auto before I let him drive back to Ilford, starting on the side roads and making the dual carriageway his own drag strip . . if there were any cameras about he'd better claim diplomatic immunity . .

A good evening. Great to touch base with friends after a long absence. Better start thinking about another one .

Spec K

Hey guys,

thanks for organising all this for me, really appreciate it :) had a blast with you guys as usual :) Thanks Keith for letting me take your pride and joy for a spin! proper kit that is! 

I will surely be having more visits soon, looking forward to meeting you all :)

Kind Regards to all :)

iddrew