Pyrhui

Newbie from Scandinavia

Hi everyone!

I have been looking for GT86 longtime and finally got myself one! Been driving with it for a week and over 1400km's already, totally in love with it!

Got myself black with manual transmission, slightly used.

I have some modifications on my mind, cat-back exhaust and ligths for now. As we say here in Finland, you get more hungry while you eat more, so maybe more will be coming.

P.S. chose this forum instead of U.S. forums since we have nearly same units and specs.

P.P.S. Sorry for bad english

e84a75fe176422f2c966667ad1270af4.jpg

Thank you all for warm welcome wishes! just ordered my Martelius Exhaust, Cat-back. Any opinions on cat-back exhausts? I dont even clearly know what i just ordered for over 1000€'s

Never heard of Martelius so can't say much about them but in general, most cat-back exhausts will just change the sound of the exhaust, not so much any performance gains, most gains are obtained from removing either of the cats in the car (front manifold or 2nd cat pipe just after the overpipe) but then you'd have to see how that would affect your countries version of an MOT if there is anything of the like.  Here in the UK, as long as you have one of the cats it'll pass the emissions test of our annual MOT.  Be interested to see and hear what the Martelius is like, please keep us posted.

Never heard of Martelius so can't say much about them but in general, most cat-back exhausts will just change the sound of the exhaust, not so much any performance gains, most gains are obtained from removing either of the cats in the car (front manifold or 2nd cat pipe just after the overpipe) but then you'd have to see how that would affect your countries version of an MOT if there is anything of the like.  Here in the UK, as long as you have one of the cats it'll pass the emissions test of our annual MOT.  Be interested to see and hear what the Martelius is like, please keep us posted.

Thank You for replying. I think in Finland i need to have my both cats on for passing MOT (BTW. what is the MOT unshortened?)

My cat-back will be made in august so I will upload video when i get my exhaust

Just chipped my GT, gains they said i got was +27hp/+30Nm. I can feel it, definetly dropped my 0-100kmh time, since i can reach 106kmh on second gear now. Before chip i had to get third gear in for 100km/h.

MOT stands for Ministry of Transport, an old term for a defunct department that never changed.  +27hp/+30Nm seems quite high just for a remap, I'm assuming you're using an EcuTek remap?  I've had my air filter and exhaust system changed (including the 2nd CAT delete) along with a remap and I've only gained about 10-15hp I'd reckon and about the same for torque probably.

It was Celtic Tuning remap. I have not been on dyno yet, so i cant tell real figures. I have to change my air filter aswell. What is your recommend for best filter?

Celtic Tuning are well known for inflating figures. I had a Fabia VRS diesel a few cars ago. I changed the turbo, intercooler, exhaust, full decat, intake, injectors, and had it running almost 2 bar of boost, it made around 200hp (up from 130hp stock). According to their site at the time, a simple remap on the stock car made almost 190hp and more torque than my car, which was actually more than the stock clutch could even handle, so they were clearly talking rubbish.

My GT86 has a UEL manifold, exhaust and intake, and the map gained me around 25hp total, and maybe 15-20lb/ft of torque peak. Just a remap on a stock car is more likely to be around 10hp and 6-10lb/ft or torque I would imagine. 15hp at a push.

Well i work at the dealership, so i had that pretty much in my knowledge. I was/am sceptic about that +25hp gain. There is not too many places where you can remap your cars here in Northern Finland But i will be waiting for my cat-back to come. Then its time for air filter i guess :P i am not so into car technics, i am 20y.o. at the moment. Trying my best to learn more!

Air filter is a great upgrade, although stick with a panel filter. You can pick one up for around 50 Euros, and you'll get a few bhp from one, maybe 5-6 peak. Spending money on a "Cold Air Intake" (which doesn't actually exist) is a waste of money for the most part. Very few produce the same numbers as the stock airbox with a panel filter, that is unless you start looking at forced induction.

Yeah the stock intake is pretty good, most people change the intake system for the sound more than gains.  Quite a few people are using HKS panel filters but there's plenty out there (though HKS is easier to fit because the filter has a nice solid frame around it so it's easier to get in compared to some that are just the filter on it's own which can be tricky to get in as they can get caught on the clips/edges of the filter box).

Hello again!

Some updates what i have done to my car so far!

- I have changed some lights to leds, make-up mirror lights, reverselights, lisenceplate lights, Door panel lights and front fog lights

Next weekend I will install my new Martelius Cat-back exhaust on + tint my reverselight+rear foglight and side markers. Also will install my led interior panel. Maybe if i have enough time i will install rear led blinkers. So work to do!

Will be having new wheels and tyres for next summer. Soon I will put my wintertyres on. ;) Do you have any suggestions for 18inch wheels and tyres?

Thanks

IMG_0731.thumb.JPG.530185355baf1d75fb71d