Ying86

Recommend me some tyres!

Afternoon All! 

The original Primacy tyres are coming to the end of their life! 

Any recommendations on replacements? Or am I best to stick a new set of Primacys on? 

Thanks for your help! 

The continental sport contact 5's and yokohama v105's are well respected by many people for the 86. I run the contisports and can't complain so far.

Tyre recommendations do depend on lots of factors like how you want the car to handle, what your budget is, etc.

Awesome I'll have a look for some Yokohamas see if I can get a decent price on them! Thanks a lot guys!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love my v105's and can't fault them one bit! There is a perfect mixture between grip but still having the ability to have some sideways fun! Plus they are actually fairly cheap tyres considering 

Anyone use Uniroyal Rainsport 3's? My new purchase has brand new Wanli s1088 on the back and let's just say there a little twitchy especially in the wet. I thought I'd give them a go but it's the tyres that need to go. I see v105's are popular but I've used RS3's on various cars now front and rear wheel drive and rate them highly so thought I'd give them a go on the GT86 unless theres and major objections from the people in the know. Only cost £52 each also which I know shouldn't be a factor when picking new tyres. 

I like what it came with. Narrow and not grippy. Not for my race car, but perfect for the road as they are good in all conditions and, here is the important bit, fun. :)

12 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

No idea on the 86, but they're great tyres so I don't see why not...

By the way - who the hell puts Chinese ditch finders on an 86 FFS emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I thought when I saw them. Tried to negotiate getting them changed but they weren't having it and as they offered me a good price on my part ex I stuck with them. Will try some uniroyals I think, were very good on my heavier 320d and excellent in the wet. 

Interested to know... One way of looking at it is that the standard Michelins are so awful (albeit sort of intentionally) that any decent quality grippy mid range tyre is an improvement. People on here have had the usual suspects - Yokos, Kumhos etc with good results, and on other cars, if anything the Uniroyals have the edge on those. So I'm interested to see how you get on.

Aren't Uniroyal Michelins budget arm these days? I think those Rainsports owe a fair bit to the tastier Michelin Pilot Sports as opposed to the low rolling resistance ones we get lumbered with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk