HariboPenguin

Milltek Resonated or Non-Resonated?

I guessed as much, would a HFC be any better?

Basically just want some more rasp at high rpm, but not so loud it wakes the street up when I start it up in the morning to go to work.

It's at its loudest when you start from cold and the car is stationary. As soon as you move off the revs drop to normal levels as does the noise.

If you are straight of the drive in the morning then you won't have any issues. Mines garaged so I just get it out quick. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, HariboPenguin said:

I guessed as much, would a HFC be any better?

Basically just want some more rasp at high rpm, but not so loud it wakes the street up when I start it up in the morning to go to work. :P

A HFC would likely make it louder still if you then remove the primary cat. There is no point fitting a HFC if you still have the primary cat. A primary cat alone is fine for the MOT. As has been said, just drive out straightaway when you start it. 

Think I'll probably get a 2nd cat delete next month then providing I don't have any complaints beforehand. I can always swap it back and sell it again if it's too much.

Can't be as bad as the corsa with a fart cannon that's always going up and down the street

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the previous posts, which I found interesting and which helped me make a decision.

I ordered a Blitz SUS air cleaner and a Milltek non-resonated exhaust, both of which were fitted two days ago by RRG Macclesfield. Yesterday we went on a club run through lanes in Lancashire, ending up at the wonderful Fred Dibnah Heritage Centre in Bolton. We used motorways, A and B roads and even lanes to get there.

We found the sound levels on each of those types of road much more realistic of a proper sports car - we were in the company of Aston V8, Frogeye Sprite, TR6's, TR7 and an XK 150! Yes, it's louder on start-up, but what a lovey sound!

Not only that, but I found the driveability was much improved throughout the rev ranges used on such a variety of these different roads.

My car is a JDM BRZ and it was welcomed by Richard McKay and his team at RRG, even though they are Toyota dealers! They were most helpful both for the ordering and fitting and also for the service I had the previous week, so Thank You guys and to Lauren for recommending them in the first place.

Happy motoring!

Barry.

Exhaust Milltek 3.JPG

Blitz 1.JPG

Probably a little off topic, but still on topic...

After scouring YT for so many sound clips, I decided when I want to do a cat delete and cat back exhaust mod, I'd go for Milltek.

I'm wondering whether the resonated Milltek kit is still louder than the stock exhaust or similar?

Those sound clips don't make much sense in evaluating loudness, just and only tone / drone. Nobody knows what recording levels were to know how loud one should turn playback "to sound as in real life" and "as in other recordings". Those recording volume levels for everybody are different. At best you can compare several relatively among themselves if clip recording user had reviewed several, uses same recording way/distance/level for all of them.

P.S.

If you are interested in quieter ones from aftermarket, most often Invidia Q300 is mentioned in forums in such context. Loudness "stock like", but better tone.

Bit late on the ball here i know

But what is this issue with milltek exhaust and flexi pipes? 
any help?

Just brought one (second hand) and didnt know about this issue?
Anything i should look into before fitting it? 

16 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Bit late on the ball here i know

But what is this issue with milltek exhaust and flexi pipes? 
any help?

Just brought one (second hand) and didnt know about this issue?
Anything i should look into before fitting it? 

try and find some one who welds and have a good look round it before you fit it

Yep, it's got the flexi section in. I'm only aware of 1 that has had a weld crack/fail with the flexi section in it so it's not 100% fixed but at the same time, there's plenty of people with them that haven't cracked (mines almost a year old for example) so I wouldn't worry about it