Deacon

Midlands breakfast meet on the 28th of May

Hello everyone.

Me and couple of other midland's based members have decided we should do a breakfast meet. We've agreed on a location we know and have had breakfast meets at in the past, details below. There is plenty of car parking space and its normally quite on Saturday morning. Also for those that haven't been to a Toby Cavery before its an all you can eat breakfast, for £6 with unlimited tea and coffee. 

Location & Time:

Toby Cavery

Watling Street,

Norton Canes

Cannock

WS11 9ND

Current List:

1. Will300

2. Deacon

3. Keethos

17 minutes ago, LarmiqGt said:

I should be coming, might bring a mate with me although he owns a fiesta st. Anyone got a supercharger to destroy it?

surely that'd be a waste of a supercharger when a hammer would work? :lol:

He keeps going on about how he can upgrade his and keep warranty with mountune. Doesn't mean he can keep up round the corners though! 

It'll be good to see everyone!

Unlimited tea sounds dangerous, I'll be running to the toilet!

5 minutes ago, LarmiqGt said:

He keeps going on about how he can upgrade his and keep warranty with mountune. Doesn't mean he can keep up round the corners though! 

He can upgrade all he wants, it's still front wheel drive. I had a 250hp Ibiza Cupra before the GT86, sure, it was faster, but FWD will never be even close to the feeling of RWD. I test drove the ST, great car, but not even 25% of the feel of the GT86 from my experience. Even the 205 GTi my aunt had a few years ago wasn't close, and that made the ST feel like a fat pig.

Just let the kids in their FWD hatches brag about their power numbers, and quietly smile knowing how superior your car is. That's my philosophy.

He probably can. Brilliant little cars. Little gets close for the money. Different kettle of fish to the GT86 but still a proper enthusiasts car. FWD is a different kind of fun, but still fun as anyone who's ever driven a (real) Mini knows...

On stock rubber the ST is quicker than the Toyota. But that's because Ford fit tyres which grip. On decent tyres the Toyota should beat it.

And he does hit a raw nerve with the Mountune thing. Really irks me that Toyota import a car DESIGNED to be modded and then neglect to offer some sanctioned and warranted upgrades. If Ford can manage it, they can. Cosworth practically bent over backwards...