charged

GT86 Value

I am wondering if prices of GT86 have dropped much is the last 6 months or so?  I paid £16,500 (Toyota Northampton) for my 2012 Pearl White one owner 17k car in November, I wonder what it would fetch now as a private sale with 20k on clock. 

I'm not selling (although has crossed my mind) but would be interested in hearing opinions..   The '86 isn't getting as much use as I thought but it is a 'third' car for me.  Also crossing my mind is a Supercharger upgrade but would have to wait until after my wedding is September. 

Cheers

Ollie

They are not holding the value as well as Toyota expected, final values being offered under PCP on a new car is lower then what it is was when I bought mine 2 years ago.

Stands to reason. There are plenty of examples coming off lease now so the market is bound to soften. Given the discount you can get on a new one £17k for used ones was never going to last...

Still hold their value better than most other things for the money though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I'd argue you got a bit of a deal back then and they are slightly more than that at the moment.

I dunno I paid £17.8k for my 9k one owner 63 plate at the same time as the OP, and that wasn't the cheapest out there.

32 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

I advertised mine last September at c. 40,000 miles and a Toyota dealer offered me £14,500. Assuming they'd want at least £2,000 gross profit I'd say you bought at a good price.

3 years old?

Early adopters of a car with relatively limited supply do well, as there simply aren't any earlier cheaper ones to choose from.

With my 2015 plate car I don't expect it to be worth anything like the value at three years old that cars are at present. If it is, then bonus. But still won't be selling it though. Will be turbo/supercharging it instead.

Because what else could I swap it for? Weren't any competitors in my budget a year ago, still won't be in a couple of years time.

Unless I have some kind of mental breakdown and suddenly crave an Audi TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up my orange 14 plate GT86  last Saturday 10000 miles only, one owner S/H etc and I paid £16495, really pleased with the car, big step up coming from a 99 Celica SR.

I think they hold their value quite well. I paid £22.5k for a brand new one with leather and the JBL sound pack. If 2-3 year old cars are still fetching £17k I don't think that's bad.

1 hour ago, Varelco said:

I think they hold their value quite well. I paid £22.5k for a brand new one with leather and the JBL sound pack. If 2-3 year old cars are still fetching £17k I don't think that's bad.

That is pretty good, I paid £23K (new) for my BRZ with the alcantara leather option, reversing sensors, side fins and mats. The other day I visited one of our other offices and as I was leaving, a couple of colleagues saw the car and I enjoyed the sense of shock on their face and watching them stare at the car as I drove away. Had a call with one this morning and the first thing he wanted to know about was the car!

This kind of value does not depreciate. :D

2 hours ago, Varelco said:

Blidge. I paid north of £27,500 September 2012 without JBL!

On 27/05/2016 at 0:01 PM, daidaiiro said:

Blidge. I paid north of £27,500 September 2012 without JBL!

22k is about knocking the VAT off isn't it? Pre-registered or something. 27.5k was list price for a lightly pimped new car, and I couldn't see them bargaining themselves 5 grand under.