Rallyenick

Nicks white 86

RC2s are lovely wheels! Where did you find them? They are indeed a rare sight over here. Good choice.

Why thank you yeah I love them I can't wait to get my hands on them.

I managed to stumble across them on eBay last night whilst trawling various scooby forums etc.

Guess I got lucky really, I imagine my 86 will be only one in Europe with rc2's fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will leave them white then as that seems to be the popular opinion and it will sure look different.

Regarding tyres, what is people's general opinion for a very good 225/45r17 tyre?

I had wanted the Michelin pilot sport cup but my supplier can't get hold off them. Next on the list is the ad08r, but I see a lot of people feel they are no good unless thoroughly warmed up. Has any had any experience with these tyres or could recommend some?

On the other forum people seem to rate the AD08R in all conditions. Having had the AD08 on my previous car I'd be wary of cold and wet weather performance but maybe the R compound is better for daily driving.

Are you looking for 888 or similar type of tyres or more normal performance road tyres, as I'm not familiar with the Michelin lineup? You'd get the usual advice of Yoko V105, Conti CS5, Eagle Asy F1

On the other forum people seem to rate the AD08R in all conditions. Having had the AD08 on my previous car I'd be wary of cold and wet weather performance but maybe the R compound is better for daily driving.

Are you looking for 888 or similar type of tyres or more normal performance road tyres, as I'm not familiar with the Michelin lineup? You'd get the usual advice of Yoko V105, Conti CS5, Eagle Asy F1

I'm not looking for a 888 style tyre, but a high end road tyre which will be very good on track without compromising to much on the road during the colder months. I've had experience with continental cs5 and eagle asymetric f1s but on a previous fwd car.

Cheers guys, I wouldn't have even thought about white on white if the wheels weren't already painted white, but they really look amazing, can't wait to get the coilovers fitted now

Looks great (even better when lowered !) Mines white and can't make my mind up to go with white speedlines or anthracite ultraleggera's but you may have persuaded me to go white wheels !

Why thank you white speed lines would look lovely.

They work really well, bet you can't wait to get it lowered now though! For some reason the moment you fit aftermarket wheels the car always looks too high! 

They work really well, bet you can't wait to get it lowered now though! For some reason the moment you fit aftermarket wheels the car always looks too high! 

Yeah I agree on the statement that aftermarket wheels seem to make the car look far too high.

I've just got pull my finger out and fit the coilovers.

18 hours ago, Lauren said:

It's the offset. It plays tricks on the eyes, 99% of the time when you go for aftermarket wheels they are wider/lower offset which in turn exaggerates the arch gap, hence why aftermarket wheels also look a bit more odd on a stock car. Well that's my theory anyway lol!