Nicebiscuit

Suppliers for manifold and remap?

12 hours ago, Tareim said:

it's worth it, when I had my car remapped I was told that my car was producing more power from it than another gt86 that was in previously with a full system (manifold back) so you really do get your moneys worth

Thought you had a fensport map Sam? They road map don't they so no rolling road for power figures?

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said:

So did you just have the manifold at the point you got remapped, or did you have other mods? Can't remember what else you've got...

at the time of my remap I had replaced the whole exhaust system and a new air intake

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

Thought you had a fensport map Sam? They road map don't they so no rolling road for power figures?

yeah was fensport but just from Adrian reading the values he was seeing, based on experience he was able to tell that mine was producing more power, just couldn't say exactly how much due to not having a dyno

50 minutes ago, Tareim said:

yeah was fensport but just from Adrian reading the values he was seeing, based on experience he was able to tell that mine was producing more power, just couldn't say exactly how much due to not having a dyno

I thought Adrian based his power figures from the MAF? Seeing as your intake is completely different the MAF values would be way off and therefore pretty hard to compare.... There is no easy way to tell power from datalogs.

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

I thought Adrian based his power figures from the MAF? Seeing as your intake is completely different the MAF values would be way off and therefore pretty hard to compare.... There is no easy way to tell power from datalogs.

I don't know where he was basing the values from but he did seem confident that it was better overall than the previous car

and while my intake is different, the maf scaling was changed to bring it back into spec with the standard maf readings or something to that effect

I have decat manifold and berk sports cat front pipe, this failed the MOT.

Hmm. I guess what I'd be trying would be cat less manifold and the stock secondary cat on the front pipe.

Mind you there is the point that if it'd could meet emission standards with one cat, you'd have thought Toyota would only fit one!

I did hear somewhere that technically it's an MOT fail if you've removed any part of the emissions system in any case, but I guess a tester would have to be pretty on the ball to spot that.

So what did you swap out to get yours through?