Nicebiscuit

Suppliers for manifold and remap?

Didn't want to crash the other similar thread with my particular interest so...

Doing a bit of reading around, the most effective way to make the most of the car when staying NA seems to be to fit a decat or hi flow manifold and then remap. I may be inclined to keep the rest of the stock system as I've no particular wish to advertise my presence, just to release a few more horses and get rid of the torque dip.

I realise if I go FI I might have to start again, but not overly fussed as that'd be a few years off and may never happen. The car is very nearly quick enough.

I figure it might be best to get this supplied, fitted and mapped at the same time. Any recommendations? (Northern for preference)

Our manifold can be used for NA or FI with our turbo kit for future reference, we have them in stock and obviously are an ECUTeK tuner  

If I can be of any help then give me a shout!

Thanks

Aha. I didn't realise that - thought you were mainly focuses on FI. Great - well that's worth knowing.

I know you know your stuff. I've seen your trick Celica. 'Nuff said :-D

46 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

It's worth considering changing the final drive too. Made a world of difference to mine.

Sorry it's a bit off topic but how much did fitting the final drive cost?

46 minutes ago, Foulsmell said: It's worth considering changing the final drive too. Made a world of difference to mine.

Sorry it's a bit off topic but how much did fitting the final drive cost?

I'd budget for a full days labour at your garage of choice. If it comes in less then take it as a bonus.

11 hours ago, knightryder said:

It's the same as the auto, 4.1. Its only the gear ratios that are different.

are you sure? I thought I read somewhere that it was the final drive that was different, would love to see the gear ratios then

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

are you sure? I thought I read somewhere that it was the final drive that was different, would love to see the gear ratios then

Yeah, auto and manual have the same FD. I would typically advise 4.44/4.56 for a manual and the next one up for an auto, 4.56/4.67, for NA cars.

____AT ___MT __# differenc _% difference
1 _3.626 __3.538 __0.088 ____2%
2 _2.188 __2.06 ___0.128 ____6%
3 _1.541 __1.404 __0.137 ____10%
4 _1.213 __1 ______0.213 ____21%
5 _1 ______0.713 __0.287 ____40%
6 _0.767 __0.582 __0.185 ____32%
R _3.437 __3.168 __0.269 ____8%

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said:

I was looking at the Speedfactory catted UEL. I'm a bit dubious of aftermarket cats though. They don't seem to last long.

I went for JDL UEL catted based on their top reputation in the states, hopefully their cat is of good quality considering the price

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said: I was looking at the Speedfactory catted UEL. I'm a bit dubious of aftermarket cats though. They don't seem to last long.

I went for JDL UEL catted based on their top reputation in the states, hopefully their cat is of good quality considering the price

How much are they?

13 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

How much are they?

I can't remember the exact figure off hand but I went for a thermal coated option (so most expensive) and including import charges etc it was close to 900

53 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

To be honest, if I were certain it'd manage an MOT with just the secondary cat I'd just leave the primary cat off, but juries still out, not least given that not all that many 86s have been MOTed yet...

My GT86 passed its MOT with only the AVO high flow cat (at a Toyota Dealer, so no fiddle)

28 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

Gulp.

it's worth it, when I had my car remapped I was told that my car was producing more power from it than another gt86 that was in previously with a full system (manifold back) so you really do get your moneys worth

28 minutes ago, Foulsmell said: Gulp.

it's worth it, when I had my car remapped I was told that my car was producing more power from it than another gt86 that was in previously with a full system (manifold back) so you really do get your moneys worth

So did you just have the manifold at the point you got remapped, or did you have other mods? Can't remember what else you've got...