adamj29

Wide Body Kit?

Okay, I know I may get a bit of negativity for saying this, but I've been looking at a rocket bunny style kit for my GT86. The kit itself is affordable, however getting the arches modified and fitted will be the expensive part I have been informed. I wasn't originally interested in this kit due to having to cut away at the arches and rivet on the kit. However (please don't laugh) after playing copious amounts of Need For Speed I have come to the conclusion that the kit really does look beautiful and has a lovely stance with this kit installed (my opinion).

My question is, does anyone know a body shop in the northwest who would install this kit and spray etc professionally? Also if any of you have had any experience with this kit, and heard of any pros / cons etc it would be great to hear. I have been keeping an eye out on Nigels build as well.

Cheers guys...

Just to ease your misgivings, I also think it looks nice :P. Unfortunately I am not very knowledgeable as to where you could get it fitted and sprayed lol. Im sure someone will know something tho!

59 minutes ago, will300 said:

Adam are you looking at just the arch extensions or the full kit? 

Personally if I was going down this route I'd get these Todoroki Wide Fender for the front and then get a hold of some greddy/trust rear ones and have them blended.

They are lovely fenders! And well priced, thanks for the link. I was hoping to go for the whole kit, I have seen the greddy rears, very nice. 

There is a bodywork garage down the road who would fit this for me, they do restorations and everything. I am awaiting a cost, will be interesting to see how much.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

My respect for you has gone out of the window Adam....

Forgive me for I am only a mere mortal.. ;)

1 hour ago, will300 said:

Adam are you looking at just the arch extensions or the full kit? 

Personally if I was going down this route I'd get these Todoroki Wide Fender for the front and then get a hold of some greddy/trust rear ones and have them blended.

wouldn't a new bumper also be required due to it being wider? or at least some adjustment of sorts

6 hours ago, knightryder said:

Nope, they flare...

so if the front bumper is the same then it must come out at an angle and only be at the widest point near the end? really could do with a top down view

(I didn't type this bit of text, where did it come from? >>>) Keiths carbon fronts are 25mm wider iirc @Keethos ?

Edited by Tareim
editted as some text appeared that I didn't write

2 hours ago, Tareim said:

so if the front bumper is the same then it must come out at an angle and only be at the widest point near the end? really could do with a top down view

Keiths carbon fronts are 25mm wider iirc @Keethos ?

They are only 10mm wider.

As Jeff has already said, check out my thread before you spend any money. There are kits out there that don't fit very well.... just sayin

2 hours ago, will300 said:

They are only 10mm wider.

according to the japanparts site:

Product Information

Without Extension. 30mm wider than original. Pair. Need some work to install.

also I have no idea where that bit of text with kethos came as I definitely didn't type it :S

I have had a look at a few of the other kits, however I'm not sure on them such as the km4sh & blitz etc. There are many replicas out there as well, but I don't want to cheap out too much. 

Nigel I'll have another look at your thread as its been a while. 😊

My wife is going to kill me. How ever even she likes the look of the wide body kits. More research needed. 

16 hours ago, SL03JOE said:

Nice little read, I should of done more research. But then I do have a full rocket bunny V1 kit now sitting in my bedroom emoji23.png

I'm trying not be jealous...but it's not working haha!! When are you getting it fitted?! Need pictures ASAP :) 

16 hours ago, SL03JOE said: Nice little read, I should of done more research. But then I do have a full rocket bunny V1 kit now sitting in my bedroom

I'm trying not be jealous...but it's not working haha!! When are you getting it fitted?! Need pictures ASAP  

Friend is doing it local to me!

Excited also!

18 hours ago, SL03JOE said: Nice little read, I should of done more research. But then I do have a full rocket bunny V1 kit now sitting in my bedroom

Including the wing?

Sorry no wing or diffuser as fitting a rear mounted custom wing from the rear subframe.

3 hours ago, SL03JOE said:

Sorry no wing or diffuser as fitting a rear mounted custom wing from the rear subframe.

Oooooo sounds good. The subframe fitted wings look mental! In a good way of course ;)

Not sure what you mean by subframe mounted wing??

Unless you cut loads out of the bumper, omit the rocket bunny diffuser and have a single exit exhaust you'll never reach the subframe.

I have seen a couple using brackets bolted to the rear chassis rails inside the boot though??