adamj29

Wide Body Kit?

2 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

Not sure what you mean by subframe mounted wing??

Unless you cut loads out of the bumper, omit the rocket bunny diffuser and have a single exit exhaust you'll never reach the subframe.

I have seen a couple using brackets bolted to the rear chassis rails inside the boot though??

I can only guess at something along the lines of this? 

WTAC-Aero-10-1200x800.jpg

That's just what I was talking about, the wing is actually mounted to the rails of the cars chassis, much like a towbar would fit.

I guess it's just a terminology thing.. the subframe is a separate frame bolted to the cars body. The wing is also bolted to the body, but not the subframe.

I don't see why anyone would be negative above the wide body look. Suits the shape - it goes all 911 turbo around the haunches which is never a bad thing...

Of course a badly fitted wide body kit is another thing altogether... ;-)

On 28/11/2015, 19:42:37, Nicebiscuit said:

I don't see why anyone would be negative above the wide body look. Suits the shape - it goes all 911 turbo around the haunches which is never a bad thing...

Of course a badly fitted wide body kit is another thing altogether... ;-)

My gripe about all the wide kits is that they are simply "stick on" arches that only covers half the wheel

Not only does it look shit with the rivets in place, you see half the tyre tread where the wide arch just...stops?! Looks crap and will chuck stones down the side of your car which will ruin it even further

£5k to make my car look like a 911? No thanks :) 

1 hour ago, smudge said:

My gripe about all the wide kits is that they are simply "stick on" arches that only covers half the wheel

Not only does it look shit with the rivets in place, you see half the tyre tread where the wide arch just...stops?! Looks crap and will chuck stones down the side of your car which will ruin it even further

£5k to make my car look like a 911? No thanks :) 

Not all of the wide body kits expose half of the wheel, I think this is mainly the V1 Rocket Bunny kit which is actually my favorite. I like the rawness of the rivets and the exposed tyre. Didn't think about stone chips to be honest. I guess its all personal preference, at least we can agree on the wing ;) 

24 minutes ago, adamj29 said:

Not all of the wide body kits expose half of the wheel, I think this is mainly the V1 Rocket Bunny kit which is actually my favorite. I like the rawness of the rivets and the exposed tyre. Didn't think about stone chips to be honest. I guess its all personal preference, at least we can agree on the wing ;) 

Both the v1 and v2 have the same style for the arches don't they?

v1

10791033945_aa963d03ec_b.jpg

v2

RB_Ver2_d-600x360.jpg