smudge

Fuel consumption

Random question, but this is mainly for the turbo/supercharged boys so @Special K @rob275 @mike-p @hashiriya and anyone else I've missed

How much fuel do you use just purely on track at a sprint? The last round I did was Rockingham 2014 so I really have no idea

I reckon to use about half a tank at somwhere like Blyton. On a trackday I average 8-9mpg

Spec K

Smudge,

It seems to me that you are giving it too much welly if your tank will only do 280-odd miles on the road.

Can you not modify the engine map for road use, as us turbo boys can? Makes a big difference for me.

Spec K

Can you not modify the engine map for road use, as us turbo boys can? Makes a big difference for me.

You can't turn down boost via the map, that relies on the right foot and Smudge has a heavy one.

On closed loop operation, the ECU always targets 14.7:1 AFR. That can't really be adjusted.

Smudge,

It seems to me that you are giving it too much welly if your tank will only do 280-odd miles on the road.

Spec K

Remember we're not fully mapped yet keith so it wouldn't surprise me if the new engine has been mapped to run a bit rich during the run in period

Not even taking into account the bigger charger

Remember we're not fully mapped yet keith so it wouldn't surprise me if the new engine has been mapped to run a bit rich during the run in period

Not even taking into account the bigger charger

You don't run rich when cruising.... that's not the way the ECU works. As before, depends on how heavy your right foot is as you'll go open loop whenever you get a bit heavy and then the fuel map takes over.

You don't run rich when cruising.... that's not the way the ECU works. As before, depends on how heavy your right foot is as you'll go open loop whenever you get a bit heavy and then the fuel map takes over.

I'm no heavier footed than I was before on the motorway yet the mpg has decreased by about 10 lol I reckon it'll improve when the full map is on

Smudge,

Spec K

That's about all I get, b-roads to work and back 70 miles per day. 28.5 mpg on average

I average 250 miles out of a tank with a mix of dual carriage and town driving :(

I dare not think about my daily mpg but managed 420 miles out of a single tank from yesterdays trip was pleasantly surprised with that even after keeping up with you on the motorway haha